What type of depressive person are you?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by boo, Oct 30, 2009.

?

What type of depressive person are you?

1. You are sad, but chocolate and movies makes you feel better!

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  2. You can barely get out of bed!

13 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. You go through the day asking why bother, yet you go on!

56 vote(s)
    50.5%
  4. You block it out and focus on good things!

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  5. You hide all day, not answering phone calls or to anyone!

24 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. You cry out for help!

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. you keep yourself busy 24/7 with hobbies and whatnot

9 vote(s)
    8.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Depression is a illness that comes in many shape and form.
    Tell us what stage you are in.

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

The blah form? Not sure on a way to describe it.

3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

I chose #3

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I choosed 5. I'm a hermit now

5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

After you put up the poll I said 2

6. helena

helena Staff Alumni

3 for me, only for the sake of my kids...glaely, if you can believe the cliche, time goes fast and they grow up fast too

7. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I pretty much spend all my time hiding. In my room, not answering calls, not answering the door, sleeping and watching TV, only leaving the house when ABSOLUTELY necessary.

8. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

i dont go outside my bed room...I totally live in my bed room...I spend days & days without go outside :'(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  9. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I didn't vote as I'm in between. On weekdays I keep myself extremely busy with work. At nights & weekends I am a recluse, I mostly live in my bedroom, I don't answer the phone or the door. I try my hardest to respond to texts or emails but sometimes it's too much of an effort. Occasionally I'll take the dogs out but at the moment I am finding that hard due to anxiety (which I never used to have, until last year).

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I don't get depressed much anymore. I get sad though... but I focus on positive things, it helps a lot. :)

11. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

I only wish I could express the pain I am in

12. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

>can barely get out of bed< I was there 3 weeks ago, for about 2 or 3 months,
    but now I
    >block it out and focus on good things!< I try that as much as possible and I feel the will to try, it's been 3 weeks since I joined SF and it helped me a lot

13. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

probably hide all day

there are people over at the house share I am in and they are all laughing and having a good time, a few years ago I would probably join them but now I am dead

torture I am in hell and torture

14. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

I fit these 4;
    You can barely get out of bed!

You go through the day asking why bother, yet you go on!

You hide all day, not answering phone calls or to anyone!

You cry out for help!

15. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Hmm... I don't feel like any of those poll options really fit me.

I would say: I fill my day with meaningless distractions, to make up for the fact that I'm already dead on the inside. :sad:

16. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

All of them apply to me. I chose #3 because that's what I've had to do, carry on.

17. kemistry

kemistry Well-Known Member

You go through the day asking why bother, yet you go on!

:sparkle:

18. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Member

Am I depressed? A question I am not too sure on. This is how I would describe my current situation; No group of friends or social life. Bored with life and really would not care if I was told I had a terminal illness, infact, if anything I look forward to the news. My main problem is that I am bored and have a seriously like of drive or ambition. This summer was the worse for me as it was the first time ever I literally had nothing to do. Had no money at the time, very few friends and as I lost my job in January I spent 3-4 months quite literally do nothing but waiting for the day to past.

During that period I literally felt myself falling apart mentally and physically, putting on weight and even developing a couple of health problems. I have always felt bad but this time it has been a nosedive for the worst. Now I just simply can't be botherd with anything. I have 5 university assignments to do in the next two weeks, have not started a single one, done no reading and yet I am posting on this forum and not feeling a bit guilty about it.

19. Lost Soul

Lost Soul Member

Hmm, mostly #5... but I do have better days sometimes where I may go out. Just not often. :huh:

20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

lots and people voting :biggrin: i just wish poll wasnt limited to 10 questions only

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.