• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What video game(s) are you currently playing?

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#1
So i like that there are threads for what books people are currently reading or what shows they're watching, and wanted there to be a thread for the fans of video games too. So as the site's resident annoyingly vocal gamer, i thought i'd give starting one a go.

So, feel free tell us what you're playing right now. Either what games are currently in rotation, or what you're playing at this exact moment, whichever you prefer.
I'm not gonna do the rotation, cos i need a lot of variety, so we'd be here all day, but right now i'm playing a really cute cozy game called Loddlenaut.
(Don't feel like you have to include a trailer or something yourself, i just like including a visual element.)
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#4
I'm trying to play Monster Hunter but it's way out of my wheelhouse.
Oh, the new one, Wilds?
A friend and i are really looking forward to playing that one together, we've been into the series since World.
I know what you mean though, the MH games are a nightmare to get into, there's so many systems and mechanics, and atrociously complicated controls.
What weapon class(es) are you trying to play with?
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#6
Swords. They're always my go to. Is there a better starter weapon?
No, i think the dual swords are a pretty solid starter weapon. They're actually the first weapon i played with. And they're what i usually use whenever i need to hunt smaller game. They're fast, agile, and the demon mode allows for some pretty damaging combos. The only tradeoff being that you don't do much damage with each individual hit, so you need to land a lot of them. But that's also easier to do when you're swinging them that much.

So the only way i would say a different starter weapon would be better was if you were like me instead, and you preferred slower attacks that hit harder. The only other note i'd make is that it's good to experiment with different weapon classes once you've got a feel for the basics, even if they might not sound like your thing, cos they can surprise you sometimes with how fun they are to play.
 
#8
Well not anything right now
But was playing lots of Path of Exile again when PoE2 was about to release
PoE2 ended up not being my cup of tea
They made it sort of into dark souls type of game
Dying over and over again to bosses is just not my kind of fun
Guess I need to git good 🤣
Hopefully they will make some kind of more casual mode
Lots of drama within the community about how the game should be
PoE1 was a bit more "turn your brain off" kind of game (but still very complex with build crafting)
But it could get very challenging at end game or if you didn't go with meta builds
PoE2 it felt like I had to be aware all the time of suffer to 1 hit mechanics
Not very relaxing
But apparently you could just bypass alot of that difficulty by trading after the servers had been up for a while
But that kind of defeats the purpose of these kind of games for me
Want to loot the gear
So just 2 very different games
Guess the sad thing is that PoE1 will maybe go down in the process
Or at least get much less development, as is already the case
 
Last edited:
#9
Currently i am binge-playing Harry Potter Lego. It brings back loads of memories playing on the console with my kids.
Before that i was playing Harry Potter Legacy. Got through all four houses. One of them is at 100%. i am giving that a break for now.
my son wants to play Phasmophobia with me.
He also asked me to play Doki Doki so he has someone to talk to about it. i was going to start that today.
i want to play Life is Strange. It was on my wish list for a really long time and it was recently suggested for me to play. It takes place in one of my favorite places along the Oregon coast.
Valheim i find fun. Its a different way for me to create.
Mincraft, Raft, and Portal will always have a part of me. To create, solve, explore, and escape.
i can go on with things like Grow: Song of the Evertree, Subnautica, and Skyrim
i have never played Among us. i have never really played anything that requires a community of people i don't know to play other than Fall Guys. That is in a team with my son.
It Takes Two and Human Fall Flat were also fun.
i bounce around to all these and more. It helps me escape and stay out o everyone's way.
 
#10
No Man’s Sky for the last month or two. It’s been a compelling game to play for sure, but I’m at the point where it’s getting repetitive. Everything I own that I actually need is at its max class and max capacity and is fully upgraded, so there’s little room for improvement. I’ve visited hundreds of systems and planets, each housing various environments and resources that I’ve encountered numerous times. Since there’s nothing unique left to buy, I’m just continuously accumulating excess wealth (such a bother). The only thing holding my attention now is jumping from galaxy to galaxy and seeing the various colors for each galactic core… because they’re pretty.
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#19
I played that on PS5. It's a great game—one of my favourites for the past few years. Are you playing on PC?
Yeah, i am. I tend to just wait for most things to get ported to PC if they aren't already there these days, as the odds now are usually very good any given game will be.
I'm glad i waited, cos it controls beautifully on mouse & keyboard.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top