• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What video game(s) are you currently playing?

#41
Right now I bounce between a few games depending on my mood. I finished the main story in Hogwarts Legacy and now mostly just wander around the castle, doing side stuff or collecting things I missed. Also been playing Valheim with a friend, still trying to figure out building setups that don't collapse on me all the time. If I just want to chill, I go for some good old Minecraft or goof around in Fall Guys, though I'm not that good at it.
For something a bit different, I got really interested in digital games that are tied to real-world tradition, like sabong. There’s actually a way to watch and participate in digital sabong online, and it kinda mixes that feeling of real stakes with the fun convenience of gaming, https://i-sabong.asia.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
#49
I just looked it up, and how is there no Fantasy Zone on Genesis?
What other retro games do you like?
I was a Nintendo kid, so I like the Mario and Zelda games. Contra, Mike Tyson’s Punch Out and Tecmo Bowl too. Both the NES and SNES games.

But favorite have always been JRPGs and strategy games. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game of all time (it was released at the tail-end of the 90s so it still counts as “retro” to me) Chrono Trigger and Earthbound are two of my favorites too, and I didn’t get into the Sega systems until way later but the “Phantasy Star” and “Shining” series are both excellent.
 

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
#50
I just looked it up, and how is there no Fantasy Zone on Genesis?


I was a Nintendo kid, so I like the Mario and Zelda games. Contra, Mike Tyson’s Punch Out and Tecmo Bowl too. Both the NES and SNES games.

But favorite have always been JRPGs and strategy games. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite game of all time (it was released at the tail-end of the 90s so it still counts as “retro” to me) Chrono Trigger and Earthbound are two of my favorites too, and I didn’t get into the Sega systems until way later but the “Phantasy Star” and “Shining” series are both excellent.
I was a Sega girl. I used to love the Disney games. My faves were Aladdin, The Jungle Book and The Lion King. I played a bit of Sonic. You can’t beat the original but I loved Sonic 3D. But my ultimate favourite game was Ristar. Loved that game. Then I moved onto Gameboy colour and not gonna lie, I’m a Pokémon gal! I buy consoles just for Pokémon lol. I then moved on to PlayStation. My faves are crash bandicoot and spyro. On PS3 it was Skyrim. I’m also a simoholic and I play a lot of World of Warcraft.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
#51
Ristar is soooo good. For me, Mario is still the gold standard for platformers, but I played Ristar a few years back and it’s one of the best.

Sega did do a very good job with the Disney games as well.

I buy consoles just for Pokémon lol.
Lol, I know what you mean I bought other exclusives for it just because I could but 99% pf the reason I wanted a Switch was for Mario Kart, That’s the only competitive game I’ve ever gotten into.
 
Last edited:
#58
I’ve been chilling with a comfy farming sim lately; it helps me unwind when my head feels heavy
Slow quests and simple goals make it easier to breathe for a bit
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top