what would you want to hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you're feeling really depressed and considering doing things (drugs, self harm, suicide, etc.) what would you want a person to say to you? Is there anything someone could say to make you feel better? Or is it entirely up to you to make yourself feel better. I don't know why I'm asking this, feel free to ignore me.

consciousinsane

It depends alot on how depressed they are. Why they are depressed. The best way to find out what to say is try to place yourself in their life. Understand how it is they feel exactly. Also sometimes the best thing you can do is just sit there and not say anything.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Err, I think there are things people can say to make you feel better. I forgot exactly what, I know I've read some things here that momentarily just made me feel a heck of a lot better than I felt when I visited the forum.

T

thecleric

When you're feeling really depressed and considering doing things (drugs, self harm, suicide, etc.) what would you want a person to say to you?
I'd want them to tell me I'm not worth employing any more, so I could get it over with. But then, when I start to feel bad, I go out of my way to make things worse for myself.

One of my friends said the opposite of what you're "meant to say" and told me if I wanted to die, that's my problem, and she'd miss me but if I really want to go she won't stand in my way cos that would make me unhappy.

I know it sounds crazy but it actually made me feel a little bit better at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00