What's it like to lose someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebos

A close friend, a family member? Perhaps I've been lucky thus far since I haven't lost anyone yet. I'm thinking of the most brutal way to see if I've truly lost my emotions. The death of my sister would likely be the ultimate test. She would be the closest person to me, even though I've distanced myself considerably from her too. If she died, would I cry? Would I feel pain? Would I mourn? Or will it bounce off me like everything else, leaving me unscathed, untouched, and as emotionless as before?

Smythe

I remember thinking much like you do, I was unsure how I would react to
the death of a loved one.
When my mother passed, I had a moment alone to see her in the hospital after
she had died.
it was jarring.
I fell down crying, luckily no one was there to see.
It's been 2 years, and still the memory for me is like touching hot metal.
The moments before she died, i should have done more for her. I don't know what.. just something more.
I'm not sure how this will help you, I'm sure it's different for everyone.
but I can relate to how your thinking.

Erebos

Someone. Tell me I'm a sick person for wishing the death of my sister just to test my emotions. Just tell me. It's okay. I won't become angry or sad.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
You can lose your emotions, but your emotions will come back to you one day. Your sister wouldn't.

(It's odd I've been through quite a lot in life and nothing really made me cry, then years and years passed and I watched this Japanese cartoon about a boy and his giant robot, and it just made me break down in tears and cry uncontrollably - good job I didn't see it at the cinema I guess)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00