what's the longest you've gone without leaving the house?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fromthatshow, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It's been two days now. I think at one point I spent five days inside. Like not even out to get the newspaper or just to see how it felt outside.

The funniest thing is when people will instant message me and be like damn this rain and I'll be like it's raining? :laugh:

2. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

7 days straight in the summer. I put drapes over the windows and went on the computer and watched TV and played video games (I live in my basement, which has my room, a kitchenette, and a bathroom) so basically I lived completely in the dark for seven days and I didn't even go upstairs. Stayed up until 4:00AM and slept in until 5:00PM.

Best week of my life.

3. emilykatie101

emilykatie101 Well-Known Member

A little over a month.
    I get out every day now though and sometimes I enjoy it.
    I was babysitting this weekend and took the kids to
    the park and I got on the swing and I enjoyed it.
    I didnt want to get off the swing.

4. Duma

Duma New Member

Sometime this August it will be a year. Prior to that it was 8 months. Before that I cannot even remember....:sad:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

nearly 4 years and still counting...

6. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Really Daisy? You haven't left at all? Why?

7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

A few months, even now I normally only leave a couple times a month because I have NO other choice.:unsure:

8. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I really have to get out for at least a couple minutes each day. I go some sort of insane otherwise and feel like I can't breathe. I try to, at minimum, go for a short walk when I wake up in mornings.

9. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

3 months without once leaving the house... I lost about 20 pounds and went a little insane.

10. maltox

maltox Guest

6 months, not even out on the balcony.. :S

11. valkyr

valkyr Member

:blink:

over the past 4 years I've gone weeks and months too many times to count without going out.

My curtains have been open once since... sometime last year.

:mellow:

I guess this can be my introductory post, as I haven't even managed to write one of those since registering here.

12. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Ya. I could do that for one or two days when I was in my 10s. Not anymore.

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Nope, I havent left at all, not even once...I suppose a mixture of ocd, and social phobia could be to blame, but I haven't had a proper diagnosis yet:rolleyes:

14. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hey lynn, i wondered when you were going to chime in! the fact that you were able to reach out for help makes me so proud of you, esp. since you can't get to their offices. way to go! c.

15. Pensive

Pensive Well-Known Member

I only left the house in summer to get food really, nothing else used to go eat in a mcdonalds on my own most of the time and that was the highlight of my day most days. But if I had food in I probably would of stayed in there indefinately.

16. minion

minion Well-Known Member

For me...five days. And to make things worse, I love the outdoors. I miss simple things like my horse and going out to play at the park.

17. fromthatshow

This sounds like an amazing week :biggrin:

Lynn beat us all though

18. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

There's an outside?? :huh:

19. fromthatshow

:rofl:

20. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Sometimes I get pretty apathetic and don't go anywhere unless I really have to. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, no one worth talking to.
    I must have stayed inside for at least a week at a time a few times.

Haha on the other hand sometimes I take a walk at least once every 2 days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.