What's the one thing that made you smile today ?

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
My favourite road.

I live right on the boarder between Bromley and Kent (England) right next to the countryside and i recently discovered an alternate route home from work which takes me through 5 minutes of country roads, I grabbed a quick picture off google to give you an idea of the roads:
1610565438921.png
This isnt the road, but its the closest I could find without going to google maps street view (I thought a picture of the actual road would narrow down my home address too much). Whenever I have had a long day and its been raining I always choose this route home now because unlike the crappy main roads they are quiet, no horrible yellow street lights, no blinding headlights from all angles always on high beams, no lights at all except my own headlights, no traffic to try to cut me off or ride my bumper, the speed limit is so irresponsibly high that its impossible to ever reach the speed limit on this road so I can just drive however I like without worrying about speed cameras, and when it rains the roads flood brilliantly leaving me MANY BIG puddles to drive through making big splashes, and one section which floods so completely I even get a bow wave :D

Its just a great pleasure to drive every time and I always reach home with a smile and a filthy car.

My favourite road.

I live right on the boarder between Bromley and Kent (England) right next to the countryside and i recently discovered an alternate route home from work which takes me through 5 minutes of country roads, I grabbed a quick picture off google to give you an idea of the roads:
View attachment 42019
This isnt the road, but its the closest I could find without going to google maps street view (I thought a picture of the actual road would narrow down my home address too much). Whenever I have had a long day and its been raining I always choose this route home now because unlike the crappy main roads they are quiet, no horrible yellow street lights, no blinding headlights from all angles always on high beams, no lights at all except my own headlights, no traffic to try to cut me off or ride my bumper, the speed limit is so irresponsibly high that its impossible to ever reach the speed limit on this road so I can just drive however I like without worrying about speed cameras, and when it rains the roads flood brilliantly leaving me MANY BIG puddles to drive through making big splashes, and one section which floods so completely I even get a bow wave :D

Its just a great pleasure to drive every time and I always reach home with a smile and a filthy car.
What an amazing find! For your outer adult and your inner *hi5kid

BlueKoala

This video made me giggle! (Note: there’s one censored swear word)

But another thing (on a personal note) that happened that made me smile was I’m feeling better emotionally. The past few days were tough in my mental health, but I’m starting to feel better! :)

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
What an amazing find! For your outer adult and your inner *hi5kid
Maybe not so much for my outer adult, I have felt horrible today, if we werent so bust at work I would have called in sick (which I rarely do anyway), but as it is, if it isnt Covid, I drag my arse in anyway, so when it rained heavily today I thought "Off to my favourite road", but one stretch was so flooded today that I was worried my car wouldnt make it through and I started smelling some uncomfortable smells coming in through the aircon that made my think my engine was struggling for a bit...

Maybe not so much for my outer adult, I have felt horrible today, if we werent so bust at work I would have called in sick (which I rarely do anyway), but as it is, if it isnt Covid, I drag my arse in anyway, so when it rained heavily today I thought "Off to my favourite road", but one stretch was so flooded today that I was worried my car wouldnt make it through and I started smelling some uncomfortable smells coming in through the aircon that made my think my engine was struggling for a bit...
I'm glad to hear you and the car made it through the waters just fine. Feel better soon, hope it's a one day kind of thing.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I'm glad to hear you and the car made it through the waters just fine. Feel better soon, hope it's a one day kind of thing.
Nauseatingly strong headache, light sensitivity, extreme fatigue, my classic symptoms of burnout, it will be a day to a week depending on how much rest I get, but with the weekend coming up, I will likely be A-OK come Monday, thanks.

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Okay so I’ve decided not to go for Nintendo Switch. I got fitbit sense watch and waiting 2 weeks for my old pandora bracelet I’ve received for my 21st hehe, to be oxidised instead. Yay!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00