What's the one thing that made you smile today ?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Got pulled over speeding I was 15 over exiting Rockford, which is a small town in Washington. Officer asked for my license and registration. When he came back said you have a good day watch your speed. I was relieved said thank you officer. There's are some good cops out there, he didn't have to give me a break but he did and for that I'm grateful made me smile.
a couple of times i've been pulled over while playing in my 64 dodge and shall we say i deserved the ticket. but in both cases they were older officers and i told the truth. first time i was working on her and checking her power the second time was a week after i took her out of storage and wanted to play. both officers tried to be professional but they couldn't help but smile a little, just told me to take it easy and slow down, and not wear out the rear tires out in one day. i was lucky. and there are some real jerks out there but you are right there are some really good cops around.

mike...*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My car insurance has just dropped by £130 this year. No idea why it's suddenly so cheap but I'm certainly not going to query it :)
a lot of insurance companies are giving rebates or lowering premiums because of covid. with people working at home, traveling less etc. means less accidents. it would be nice if they could keep it low after covid. my insurance went way down to $421 for 6 months and that's full coverage on my truck and 64 dodge. at least something good is coming from covid.

mike...*hug*shake

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
a lot of insurance companies are giving rebates or lowering premiums because of covid. with people working at home, traveling less etc. means less accidents. it would be nice if they could keep it low after covid. my insurance went way down to $421 for 6 months and that's full coverage on my truck and 64 dodge. at least something good is coming from covid.

mike...*hug*shake
Haha, I've got one passed them then! My mileage has almost doubled as due to covid I now have a job and am commuting to work. Win win :)

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Kitty so happy right now. Decluttered and cleaned my room then turned into a therapeutic room filled with meaningful memories, hobbies, kitty best play area and nice vacation scents. Kitty can’t wait for some more of my essential oils coming in tomorrow too! 😺🐑🐱

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Well, I had a good day out with dad. We had a cappuccino (as always) and a bite to eat then did some general and supermarket shopping. To be frank, I think when my dad goes, I will go. I don't think I could cope without him. He's 85 now, so I don't know how much longer he will be around, sadly.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
All the things I've learned about life over the years and how much help I've been able to give myself from what I've learned. Truly priceless, each person really does have SO MUCH MORE power within them than they realize to be much happier. It's a load of nonsense that people "need other people" cos I don't think that is really the case if a person has a strong enough level of trust in themself. I know there's lots who'd disagree passionately about this but that's fine I know we all see things differently.
Anyway glad I see it like this cos it's much safer, better, more effective and just a complete relief imo. Anytime I've "needed" (or thought I needed anyway) other people in my life it has only lead to the most crushing disappointment imaginable. Well no more cos I don't need anyone but myself for the rest of my life! :)

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Well, I had a good day out with dad. We had a cappuccino (as always) and a bite to eat then did some general and supermarket shopping. To be frank, I think when my dad goes, I will go. I don't think I could cope without him. He's 85 now, so I don't know how much longer he will be around, sadly.
while he's alive this is the time to find other reasons to live.

mike...*hug*shake

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
LOl... I found that funny. I'm actually a middle-aged dude! I wonder how many other people here think I'm female?? Yes, last time I checked I'm a dude. Oh, and thanks for your kind thoughts. *shake:)
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. Hits self on head. Lolol.

You know, I could really relate to your post, because I took care of my mother, age 86 and I said that I would go for years after she went. Well, you see how that went 😄. Very nice to meet you @Pebble mouse

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
That I still feel exactly the same as I did yesterday in terms of what I posted in here yesterday. The relief and gratitude I feel about that absolute fact is utterly infinite I'm very glad to say :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00