What's the one thing that made you smile today ?

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Obviously there was more than one thing today, but one that stands out was being told this story by my dad. When he bought a 25 acre forest a few years back, i thought it was bizarre at the time, but i figured that would be the end of the strangeness. Boy was i wrong. Ever since then, story after story has come out of that place, from the wildlife behaviour, to the history of the place, to the incredibly confusing menagerie of people he's either caught doing odd things, or who have made odd requests. To this day he still impresses me with the absurdity of some of these tales.

So the latest one is that two chaps apparently trespassed into the forest, past all of the "private land" and "keep out" signs, just to renovate some old run-down shack, for no reason other than for the sake of renovating it. Try and wrap your head around that logic.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Obviously there was more than one thing today, but one that stands out was being told this story by my dad. When he bought a 25 acre forest a few years back, i thought it was bizarre at the time, but i figured that would be the end of the strangeness. Boy was i wrong. Ever since then, story after story has come out of that place, from the wildlife behaviour, to the history of the place, to the incredibly confusing menagerie of people he's either caught doing odd things, or who have made odd requests. To this day he still impresses me with the absurdity of some of these tales.

So the latest one is that two chaps apparently trespassed into the forest, past all of the "private land" and "keep out" signs, just to renovate some old run-down shack, for no reason other than for the sake of renovating it. Try and wrap your head around that logic.
They got fed up with the shit of humanity and wanted to be hermits. At least that would be my line of thinking. haha

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I was reading old diary entries and this one cracked me up.

There is a perfume known as Opium, and my mom asked about it, and they had it but it was $64. The price of perfume can get a bit crazy, so it is best to try and buy a knockoff if you can. Well, my mom told this story to my grandpa, and he was like, isn't that illegal? I was thinking, why would it be illegal to sell perfume? And then he goes, "That's dope, isn't it?" So apparently my grandfather thinks they sell actual opium at Walgreens. I don't know, I just thought that was funny :D

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00