What's the one thing that made you smile today ?

I just watched an episode of 'The A-Team'... it was called The Say Uncle Episode. It had Solo and Kuriakin in it from The Man from Uncle *dance1It was soooo cool, clever and very nostalgic. Kudos to the makers and thank you loads!

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
not been smiling much at all recently so maybe this best be posted on the “one thing that made me smile this month” thread! ok i have to be a little conceited here. i’m normally pretty self attacking and critical and belittling so please allow this one time of self love. does anyone listen to Performance Today? and if so have you heard the piano puzzlers? a musicial composer, Bruce Adolph takes a popular song and plays it in the style of a classical composer. and the person who calls in has to guess the name of the popular song and who the classical composer is.

i grew up with classical music but due to the stigma of being a classical music lover in our limiting society, i shunned that music in public places and at home and never paid attention to who composed what, where when why or how or hoo. i was much more in to every other kind of music especially popular music. like rock/soul related genres. and then jazz and then everything else. it was when i was in college i made much more room for classical (happily).

but that notwithstanding i still did not really know the who and what... aspect. but my brain, in addition to being host to one of the worst demons in the universe also has an amazing way of absorbing information when i least expect it. so today i was so very extremely delighted when the puzzle, which was described as being one of their most difficult, i figured out immediately. being Hey Jude in the style of Mozart. i really did not know i would guess it right. like 1 2 3, i came up with the answer and yes, it did make me smile. so that is why i’m here to report it. otherwise i’d be moping around somewhere gloomy. i wonder, if the spongelike quality of my brain not only absorbs information but demons as well.

my therapist and i yester-eve talked about the fact that ERs probably really are now unwilling to help me. i have to consent to taking meds which frightens me so much - its a fear of losing the good parts of my brain/mind. no one has satisfactorily assured me enough and then there’s the hijacker aspect where hijacker is not so keen on allowing me a cure to hijacker. but here i am smiling anyway when hijacker works so hard to make me miserable.

so today is a good day to sustain that smile and let that hijacker know that this smile won’t be hijacked because it is still shining due to this good brain of mine.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Just found out that a band I really like reunited a few months ago. Or, well, I guess it’s more like they formed a new band with another member too. It doesn’t seem like they’re going to be recording anytime soon, and the bands I like rarely seem to play shows here in Pittsburgh, but it’s still nice to know they’re back around.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00