• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What's the one thing that made you smile today ?

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Unless they have a red hourglass or a fiddle on the body I love spiders. Great little predators of other insects. I do admit though when walking around seeing a big wolf spider crawling around can give you a start. Wolf spiders I let go along their merry, just like nonvenomous snakes. :)
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I am the same. Taught my two little kiddos to carefully take spiders outside if we found one indoors, which used to happen regularly living the high dessert. I agree about the redback and fiddlebacks though: those were not allowed @KM76710. My cats decided they didn't like scorpions; hunted them at night while we were sleeping, and, being proud hunters themselves, would leave the (deceased) scorps for us to find in front of the woodstove. I never saw how they managed to do this without being stung.
 

Lisa the Ferrociraptor

I'm all things, and so are you
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
There's something so satisfying about having an equal conversation between adults with parents.
Like, they still know more about the world than you, and you look to them for guidance.
But it feels good to hold your own in the discussion and show understanding of the complex adult ideas being discussed.
To demonstrate they raised a sensible, intelligent person, even if you didn't turn out how they likely envisioned you'd be.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top