i returned to therapy this summer after a 10+ year hiatus. I went because I was bummed out that my ex was getting married and I didn't even have a bf. I didn't really know that it was affecting me with a downward spiral. Went to a new therapist and worked through some more issues that I didn't know I had. Still nervous when my ex and his fiancé are around but also am glad I'm not married to him. Other things came up and got resolved. Now that I don't have to see my ex or rarely hear about him, I don't get upset , but will see him when my grandbaby arrives in December. She - the therapist - thinks I'm still not over him and I will crash when I have further interaction. He now lives 30 miles away and I have stopped asking him for help.
She also found out about my SI last week and I think she's worried. But I think the usefulness of therapy is over but she still wants to see me. When do I call it quits and how? The old therapist and I got to the point where I just didn't schedule future appts and would call when I needed her so we drifted apart. And the dietician thinks I should go (go figure).
So I told her last week that I thought I was good but she said she still wants me to come in. i should feel lucky as the area is desperate for therapists and most of the time you can't get anyone. But I think I am good but don't know how to sever the relationship.
Any advice? I have the money to pay but the bills are piling up. I'm glad I went in the summer but I don't see any reason to continue.
She also found out about my SI last week and I think she's worried. But I think the usefulness of therapy is over but she still wants to see me. When do I call it quits and how? The old therapist and I got to the point where I just didn't schedule future appts and would call when I needed her so we drifted apart. And the dietician thinks I should go (go figure).
So I told her last week that I thought I was good but she said she still wants me to come in. i should feel lucky as the area is desperate for therapists and most of the time you can't get anyone. But I think I am good but don't know how to sever the relationship.
Any advice? I have the money to pay but the bills are piling up. I'm glad I went in the summer but I don't see any reason to continue.
