When I was 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all I think about at the moment. It's what they keep talking about, I can't get it out my head! My therapist wants me to talk about it but I can't! Has anyone got any ideas on how the best way to start talking about it is? I've only ever got the courage to write it on here 7 years ago when I was drunk, I'm drinking now to be able to write this. Need some help!!!

cownes

Opening up and talking about it is the hardest thing to do. But the rewards that can come from it are amazing to be honest. Talking about it inst about the ins and outs and all the details, its about opening up to how it leaves u feeling on a daily basis and giving some detail so they can help expand on the situation and so you can see the wider picture. Unless you tell someone how it leaves you feeling and what you have to deal with on a daily basis it can often be hard for a therapist to broach this subject with you as everyones experiences are so different and so are the emotions/thoughts and feelings that you are left with. If you have typed it out before how about showing that to the therapist? give it to them and ask them to read it between sessions and then they can have a think on how best to tackle it all. Im currently going thorugh it all myself so if u need some extra support etc feel free to PM me and ill try my best to give u some more advice/personal experience. Hope some of this makes sense.

I only typed it out on here, can't even re read it! I was that drunk I blabbed! That was 7 year s ago ish I toyed that post. Doesn't really matter cause I've takes an OD so hopefully it'll all end, got some <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> to take in a bit too. Good times x

Last edited by a moderator:

cownes

It doesnt matter that you cant re read it you dont have to. you know what happened and therefore dont need to remind yourself of it all. Please get some help, ODing is not the answer i know it feels like it at the time but it really is not the answer.

cownes

I know it can feel like the only way out and ive been there myself. Literally got to the point i think thats it i cant take anymore of this crap anymore i just want out. But somehow you find strength from somewhere to carry on, to plod along, to work things out. Yes its a slow process and noone is ever going to tell you it is easy as it isnt. But honestly you deserve this chance. Your therapist is there to support you through it and they want to by the sounds of it from the questions they have asked etc, you have to give them something no matter how big or small to work with you on and its baby steps. Honestly you CAN do this and it does get easier after you have made that first step i promise. But you need to get some help/medical advice right now for that OD you have taken and then take things from there.

I'm not going to go to hospital again. Tried to get help from drs today, they told me to call the mental health team which I did and they didn't even call back! Thanks a lot hey! Just want the shouting to stop in my head :( I'll see if I wake up x

cownes

Honestly it will all calm down soon enough but only if you give yourself that time to have a few quiet moments alone a day and a lot of "self-talk" has to come into play as you were only 8 and that inner child needs reassuring too that it will be ok. Try ringing the mental health team again and again until they get bored of you ringing and actually talk to you, No it shoudlnt have to be that way,,,but sometimes you just have to do it that way. Or take yourself to the hospital emergency department and ask to talk to the crisis team/mental health team on call as they see people who show up first and then get to returning phone calls so you will be seen and helped a lot faster that way. Please get some help as you are deserving of another chance. You can beat this, not the other way round!!

cownes

Glad to see you woke up. Its worth going to the Drs to make sure that everything is ok and then asking for some more support even if it is only more intensive support for the next two weeks for example to get you over this intensive emotions as in time it will ease i know it seems far from it right now but it will.

cownes

I know u tried and i know u were let down by the services of which sucks greatly , but what have u got to loose by trying again and again until you actually get the help you need, i know its hard when you feel so low to have to try and keep grabbing out to them but sometimes u literally have to scream and shout to get some help these days. Im so sorry its so tough but it will get easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00