I've been doing my best to go to therapy. I'm a young guy, I want to get better, and I feel like it's easy for me to connect to therapists.
But I've been in a painful, monotonous cycle.
I meet a new therapist, we spend like 3 sessions trying to get to know me, we have a few more sessions just open up a bit to them. There's always sometime that happens. One quits, the other gets fired, other ones just stop replying, they move, etc. I'm quite literally on my 5th therapist in the span of a year and a half.
It's exhausting. It doesn't feel like it's worth it anymore. It's always just talking and no therapy. Just "oh I'm sorry to hear that" and then they leave. Another 3 sessions with someone new trying to get to know me. I can't keep doing this. Is therapy even worth it?
But I've been in a painful, monotonous cycle.
I meet a new therapist, we spend like 3 sessions trying to get to know me, we have a few more sessions just open up a bit to them. There's always sometime that happens. One quits, the other gets fired, other ones just stop replying, they move, etc. I'm quite literally on my 5th therapist in the span of a year and a half.
It's exhausting. It doesn't feel like it's worth it anymore. It's always just talking and no therapy. Just "oh I'm sorry to hear that" and then they leave. Another 3 sessions with someone new trying to get to know me. I can't keep doing this. Is therapy even worth it?