Where does the sleep run to...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Much afraid, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Once again, wide awake. :( what happened to the days when sleep happened almost at will? Gone, I guess like most everything else positive in this world.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I understand hun sleep wish i could fall so easily Have you talk toyou doctor hun see what help you can get even something natural like melatonin may help

3. Much afraid

Hi total eclipse, doc is aware of sleep issue (well lack of it) but we were trying to avoid additional meds - I really dislike them. Since its clearly not working to try powering through will revisit at next appt. Melatonin was what I forgot to try and find this weekend. Will have to see if I can find it today. I'm just too cranky and sad when I can't get sleep...even with ad med. if I can't find that, may have to resort to OTC option for now...

4. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i never get sleep either.

i've tried like every med under the sun- but all i get is sleepless nights.

i feel for you..

5. arrowpenny

arrowpenny Member

I have not been able to sleep on my own without medication for 10 years. It sucks, I managed to lower my dose of seraquel over a year period but I can't seem to get off the drug and just sleep without the aid of medication. I hate depending on medications with terrible side effects to just sleep.

6. Much afraid

Hey Emily, thank you. No sleep (or very little) stinks! :/. The medication route for it scares me. I sooo don't want to be dependent on little pills for anything. It may be tougher on those around me though...me, cranky - not fun. ;). Here's to another try for sleep tonight!

7. Much afraid

Arrowpenny I am so sorry - 10 years? That has got to wear on you. I don't understand why we can't sleep. I used to be able to sleep anywhere at anytime (of course that was before I started trying to NOT be depressed.). Oh for the days when I could stuff those emotions away and throw away the key. Guess it didn't work that great since once they were triggered it was like the Ghost Buster's containment grid "failure" ;)

I hope we get a miracle and have sleep and wonderful dreams without chemicals one day soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.