which disorder caused the other one?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Blacksheep, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member

hello, my name is Blacksheep and i have extreme social anxiety and...well i guess moderate paranoia towards people. and i have no recollection of when i developed either of them.

im always afraid of being laughed at no matter how "comfortable" i feel around the people that im near...and im sometimes paranoid they are gonna do something strange to me (whether its being randomly beaten, robbed, or humiliated depends on how high i am at the time), im also kinda really really paranoid at the whole mind reading thing...i give it about 2 years till i break out the tin-foil hat...

and when i think about it...is it possible that one of those caused the other?
    is it possible that my fears of being laughed at opened my mind to other paranoid thoughts? or maybe my paranoia lead to my social anxiety...
    any thoughts?

2. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

hi blacksheep. either one can aggravate the other but none cause the other. i'd advize you to seek help to understand what causes is unerlying those effects and through understanding you can heal from it.

good luck and if you need to talk, i am a good listener.

be well and stay safe
    granny

3. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member

i appreciate the advice, but i cant get help if im afraid of everyone at the doctor's office will mercilessly tease me behind my back about every aspect of my being...now can i?

4. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

schedule an apointment and go there exactly at that time, not before so your exposure to others will be less proheminent and bother you way less
    and yes you can do it, make a call, help is a phone call away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.