Why Am I Here?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by mooch74, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

Today, I wonder, why am I here? Like many people, yesterday's anniversary of the 9/11 tragedy made me more depressed than ever. Early this morning, I went on a website that listed the names of the nearly 350 firefighters that were killed trying to save lives that day. All those brave people were true heroes. I see stories like that and it makes me angry. They should be alive, not me. I am just a waste of space who has done nothing good in this world. If I could trade my life to bring one of them back, I would.

2. ACPhilosopher

ACPhilosopher Active Member

If those are the type of people you admire, then why not make it your life's work to be more like them? Instead of condemning yourself, why not take some concrete action towards creating the kind of life that will give you opportunities to be heroic? There will never be any shortage of people who need your help. Look around your local area and see what kind of volunteer activities are available. There's no reason to believe that you can't make a difference in your community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.