Why am I most depressed in the mornings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCC988

Seriously this is a pattern that I've noticed for a while and it really infuriates me. Why am I at my worst in the mornings mood wise? Why do things slowly improve as the day goes on (but not necessarily make me feel good)?

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Seriously this is a pattern that I've noticed for a while and it really infuriates me. Why am I at my worst in the mornings mood wise? Why do things slowly improve as the day goes on (but not necessarily make me feel good)?
This I think is a good thing. Waking up and knowing this is as good as it gets, that’s an issue right there. If your day improves as you go along then that’s great.

Only YOU can answer why this is. Let us know if you figure it out

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Because when we sleep, we get to escape for a while from conscious thinking. When we wake up, we realize once again that we have to deal with it another day.
I don’t know if I agree. I think our sleeping state lets out subconscious take over from our conscience mind sometimes

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I don’t know if I agree. I think our sleeping state lets out subconscious take over from our conscience mind sometimes
Yes, but subconscious is different from conscious. We're not aware of the subconscious thoughts, unless they manifest as dreams. And even then, we forget our dreams most of the time. Conscious thoughts we are always aware of.

MarkahMalady

Sometimes I wake up extra depressed because I live with my MOTHER :D
Possibly the most annoying human.
I just lay here, dreading leaving the room and having to hear her constant commentary on every minute detail of my stupid life. :D

Maybe you also live with awful humans?

So probably dread. Then when it's not as bad as you expected you feel less bad.

Jasonpi

My mom died in the 60's. I get jealous and pray for her. Life throws curve balls. I was 10 y.o. had no idea what was going on. Summer of love came on the scene 2 years later and i delved head on. Even with a so so life on paper im ready to just screw myslef over at any time.

Im new and heard there was a discussion for Bens birthday. Anyone know where it is… 2 old army vets, just want to thank him.

Im trying, hugs Jason. Pardon my typos

Aprilflowers7

My father died in 2016. He had a brain tumor. He was homeless off and on much of the time because he hadn't been diagnosed until later. I wish I wasn't here most of the time and now my face is twitching-has been doing that for a half an hour so far!
I live with my mother now. I just moved.

For me, it's because it's the start of another whole day of .. not wanting to be here, and as the day goes on, I do tend to feel better too, I feel better knowing it'll get dark and I can sleep/escape but also I am calmer in the night when everyone else is asleep and there are no pressures from other people. Daytime is too busy, too much going on, too much that can go 'wrong' I guess.

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
I have the same issue. Mornings are typically brutal, especially on my days off. My mood usually starts improving around lunchtime and midevening is usually the peak (relatively speaking).

I have been trying to schedule activities/routines in the morning to give me more focus and to hopefully blunt the spear of depression that is so eager to strike when I first wake up.

I hope things get better for you soon

BarryW

SF Supporter
JC it could be not just a mental thing but a physical thing such as dust mite allergies (which are most apparent in bed) causing you to wake up feeling like crap. Consider getting allergy tested if you haven't already.. the more you know..
I also have a poor mood in the mornings (well all day but esp in morning) so I'm hoping mornings are phased out in the future.

Aprilflowers7

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I have phlegm in my throat-I think that's what it's called. Once I drank some water right when I woke up and threw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00