Why are we so hard on ourselves yet so kind to others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortdesinos

In a world filled with exploitation and hubris driven individuals, I think we tend to be on the other end of the spectrum. I think we should be proud of ourselves for supporting each other in times of struggle for us all. Why are we so hard on ourselves yet so kind to others?

pit

Because we have a better sense of what should be valued in this world - kindness, compassion, and understanding.

A

andyc68

we have all seen how low we can get for whatever reason, we understand eachother where no one else will, we are always here for eachother no matter what.

just one big family really

B

BOLIAO

I was brought up to be responsible, thoughtful of others, fair, helpful, generous, unselfish, forgiving, hardworking & etc and in the end, I land myself in deep shit being unable to fend for myself in office politics and the last straw happenned when I faced a 'repeated' office environment situation and I told myself I must be strong and then carried on going to work day after day, telling myself I must not allow my vicious colleagues to hurt me but then anxiety and panic attacks set in until I had to quit my job. I couldnt prevent it from happenning.

Beattles

i dont want other people to feel the same as i do when i am down. because when i go down.. i dont just go down, i go strait to fuckin hell.

Bigman2232

When you know how bad things can get, you don't want anyone else to know what that is like. You do everything in your power to keep everyone you know from having to feel what you have felt. We are unfortunate in having to feel as low as each of us do but we try to make it so no one ever has to feel that low again.

The fact is that the only people that are truly able to help others are those people that have gone further than the others in crisis.

amylou

Becuase we care for each other. And we don't want anyone else to feel the way we do. Cos its kind of like the futher you fall the worse it gets and you'll do anything to stop another person feeling like that. We understand each other where no one else will while some of society choose to be ignorant at least we all no we're here for one and other

G

ggg456

I'm not hard to myself anymore.

That's not to say I feel free from guilt. I just know I live a life in a very absurd, weird world and am trying my best to make sense of it all.

almosteasy

When you know how bad things can get, you don't want anyone else to know what that is like. You do everything in your power to keep everyone you know from having to feel what you have felt. We are unfortunate in having to feel as low as each of us do but we try to make it so no one ever has to feel that low again.

The fact is that the only people that are truly able to help others are those people that have gone further than the others in crisis.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

downnout

I was brought up to be responsible, thoughtful of others, fair, helpful, generous, unselfish, forgiving, hardworking & etc and in the end, I land myself in deep shit being unable to fend for myself in office politics and the last straw happenned when I faced a 'repeated' office environment situation and I told myself I must be strong and then carried on going to work day after day, telling myself I must not allow my vicious colleagues to hurt me but then anxiety and panic attacks set in until I had to quit my job. I couldnt prevent it from happenning.
I'm just out of school and that is my worst nightmare, I can already tell I'm going to be taking all of the hits just because I hate/won't get into that kind of stuff. I figure that's why most of us are here. Geez it's so depressing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00