Why can't I commit suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvnj22

I can buy cigarettes and drink alcohol till my liver is ruined but I can't painless drift off into enteral sleep. I am being forced to live, why? For what? I am loser and always will be, why can't I just die, while my honor is intact.

Theodora

You're only a loser if you've never tried to do something to improve your life. And until you've tried lots of different things to improve your life you can't decide it's not worth it. You'll only find out what helps/ works by trying.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Instead of trying to explain reasons why suicide is wrong - (primarily that it is far most often the result of an impaired mental state which by definition means it is a poorly thought out decision being made by impaired thinking) - some small unsolicited advice.

Stop pretending you can see the future - you are in your early 20's and it is presumptuous to claim you know how everything in your like will turn out. You do not know what is going to happen tomorrow - much less 10 or 20 years from now so claiming it will never change makes no sense. Deciding ahead of time that tomorrow will suck however makes it far more difficult to have a good day.

Give women a break. 80% of the women in the world are good people. (same as men - my own random percentages however). Looking at women and deciding she is of such poor moral character she will cheat on you if you ever get in a romantic relationship is plain rude and you do not have a right to decide a woman is of that character before you get to know them even.

Give your Dad a reason to believe you are capable of more responsibility - set a timer for your video games and spend the rest of the day working around the house. Make it the most perfect house, lawn, whatever in the city. Show him you can get up and do things and that it makes you feel better-- chances are if you spent several hours keeping busy even if it is taking down and washing light shades then you will feel like you contributed something and feel better. Maybe then he will consider your request to help you get real work if he sees you working a lot (I cant speak or guess to his actions- but still might make you feel better).

You are clearly a smart and sensitive person - get behind a cause you believe in like equality, ending poverty, preventing war or evil - you choose- you recognize when things are wrong very well - but put effort into it even if it is simply emailing politicians and posting on the internet to improve awareness. Instead of fretting how bad they are you are in the fortunate position to have time during day and night. Use that time to try to help change wrongs. You will feel better about the things wrong in the world if you ae trying to change them and it will give you meaning and purpose.

Thank you for sharing your many thoughts on here as well - your insight adds to this community and helps others see things they might not have or in a different light. Please consider using some of those skills to DO things for yourself and to take care of yourself as well....

flowers

hi
I went back and re-read some of the things you posted. one that I had not seen before where you write this "I feel my purpose is to help others also. I don't have the opportunity to go and help the poor in Africa or anything like that, so I'm trying to do my best for family and friends."
I believe you. I understand that the pain is great right now. And has been for a long time. But if your purpose is to help others, then the world does need people like you. Right now family and friends. And then as time goes on, other people for whom you may be the only person who reaches out. Why? Because you know how they feel. You know the pain. If the people in agony die, then who can reach out in true understanding to others who suffer? Do you see my point?

I once had a very wise teacher tell me that I can plant the seeds. But watering those seeds... or not, is up to the other person. So at that time the people I helped may not have been ready to make changes. But I had planted those seeds. even if did not appear so. I say this because if you find that it looks like your help is not really helping enough people, you did plant those seeds. And as time goes by you will find people who need your help even more. Because you knew all too well what suffering and anguish felt like. Please stay alive. The world needs people like you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00