Why do I even bother trying to have conversations with anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Struggling along you asked, here is my list. I've enjoyed learning more about everybody participating here!

Food: I love EVERYTHING! Except beets. Just can't do beets. Probably my favorite is Italian. I love fish and seafood. Anything done on the grill or over an open fire is a treat in itself. I like home baked bread because the baking stage is so tantalizing.

Music: 60s-70s rock and roll. I grew up with it and still think we had the hottest cars and the best music. I like contemporary Christian music, jazz and classical for a while.

Sports: I'm an absolute FANATIC about baseball! Cleveland Indians fan since I was 8 years old and dad took me too a game. I like high school football (American), I'm another that could just love in the water and I took up skiing 30 years ago just because I couldn't stay in the house all winter.

Hobbies: If it's outdoors, I like it. I'm into my dogs, horses, walking around the farm. I used to shoot competitively in an event called Cowboy Action Shooting. I used to shoot about 13,000 rounds a year between practice and competition. I like to drive my car to relax. Roll down the windows, turn up the radio, find a long road in the country and sing my face off along with the radio. But I only song when I'm alone.

Games: I used to like board games a lot when I had family. Like card games, played euchre like a madman in the army. I have a couple arcade games and a flying simulator on my phone.

Books: Love to read. Mostly mystery/crime stuff, Action/adventure, military history and biographies.

Movies and TV: I loathe TV. It's just become so much mindless fluff. I do like movies that pretty much follow my taste in books and add westerns. My favorite 3 movies of all time are Tombstone, Airplane and Top Gun.

Travel: I've been to 42 of the 50 states. Drive into Juarez Mexico in 95 just to say I had been there and I've been to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. The states I haven't been to are the northwest quarter.

Sarahphim

@Edmund- Sorry for the delay in posting, had to work. From what you shared I think you need more people who appreciate you. I agree no one give a shit about WW1 because we weren't the heros, but there is so much intrigue involved in the whole thing. Not that I am a conspiracy theorist, but with many world wide events there is so much being orchestrated behind the scenes it's scary and back then before technology and the stuff we have today, for all of those things to fall into place was amazing.
There is nothing boring about you. I think you have an old soul and I am guessing most people your own age just don't get it.

Edmund Dantes

Ok, better late than never!
Movies, anything WW1 or WW2, I agree with you @Edmund Dantes, re WW1, with action and a bit of Sci Fi too, last movie I watched was Another Mother's Son, which was really good.

Loving this thread, thanks to @Edmund Dantes for starting it and to @Acy for inviting me along :) Looking forward to seeing threads from @Fudgewobble, @BumbleBee and, last but not least @A guy with feelings.
Yay! Someone else who likes WWI stuff! :D

I never thought my thread complaining about my lack of social skills would help so many people lol

I forgot, music, 60s, 70s, 80s, happy hardcore and techno :)

Also, would be good to hear from @betteroffunknown and @Null
What is happy hardcore? :o And I think I've composed a few techno-ish songs before :I

Edmund Dantes

You sound interesting, and like you've made some new friends
Seems so :o

@Edmund- Sorry for the delay in posting, had to work. From what you shared I think you need more people who appreciate you. I agree no one give a shit about WW1 because we weren't the heros, but there is so much intrigue involved in the whole thing. Not that I am a conspiracy theorist, but with many world wide events there is so much being orchestrated behind the scenes it's scary and back then before technology and the stuff we have today, for all of those things to fall into place was amazing.
There is nothing boring about you. I think you have an old soul and I am guessing most people your own age just don't get it.
Yeah, the amount of intrigue is astronomical, so much so people to this day still argue about certain aspects of the war and what REALLY caused them.

That may be. I've always tended to hang out with people older than me.

Sarahphim

Seems so :eek:

Yeah, the amount of intrigue is astronomical, so much so people to this day still argue about certain aspects of the war and what REALLY caused them.

That may be. I've always tended to hang out with people older than me.
See Edmund, you're not boring at all. You strike me as someone interested in the world and the things that are going on and have gone on. You have a curiosity that doesn't revolve around your own sphere of instant gratification. I have met a good number of people of every generation where this is the case. Maybe you bore those people by not whining about #firstworldproblems.

Edmund Dantes

See Edmund, you're not boring at all. You strike me as someone interested in the world and the things that are going on and have gone on. You have a curiosity that doesn't revolve around your own sphere of instant gratification. I have met a good number of people of every generation where this is the case. Maybe you bore those people by not whining about #firstworldproblems.
You may very well be right. Thank you.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
You don't sound boring at all. In fact, you and everyone else here seems very interesting :) I think I am boring as well, because conversations usually trail off. But if someone has things to talk about, I can keep the conversation going as long as possible.

Food: I can eat just about anything, except maybe liver, anything with blood or organ meats. Because I just don't like the taste of iron, which reminds me of blood and is just gross :P I like pizza, pasta, Asian foods, chocolate, burgers, and lots more.

Music: When I was a kid, I listened to whatever was on the music channels, such as country and pop. When I was a teenager, I liked rap and hip hop, and even wanted to become a rapper at one point. It seems comical now. :D My mom got me into classic rock and oldies, and my uncle exposed me to reggae, jazz, funk, and other genres. So I like a healthy mix of everything. If I became a musician, I would do something with rock and funk.

Sports: Not much into them, but they can be fun to watch at times. Not very athletic myself.

Hobbies: Writing all sorts of things, shopping, spending time with friends and family and animals.

Games: Card games and some board games.

Books: I have been an avid reader as long as I can remember. I can read mostly any genre, as long as it holds my interest.

Movies and TV: I keep up with some series, but I watch more movies than TV by far. Likely seem upwards of 20 k movies in my lifetime.

Travel: Barely traveled at all, but I want to travel all over the world when I am able to.

Vanquished

ok. i'm not very good at sharing this kind of stuff. you're gonna make me think. how scary is that? ;)

Food: admittedly, i have a pretty limited pallet, but that's probably because i don't enjoy eating or cooking. (i'm weird. i know) i can say my favorite dishes are breakfast burritos w/a good, mild green chili, cold chied fricken, salads or a good steak. i probably enjoy mexican food the most, though.

Games: when i played video games i couldn't be beat at tony hawk. violent games were never my thing, but my favorite board and card games consist of scrabble, uno, skipbo, yahtzee, chess, and are you smarter than a 5th grader.

Movies: i enjoy more family style, comedies, action and drama. the only kind i absolutely refuse to watch is horror. i'm not one who's in touch with what's out there as far as movies go, so my daughter tends to introduce me to ones she thinks i'd like. she's actually really good at it. she knows her mom too well. :)

TV: i don't watch tv anymore. haven't in probably 5+yrs, but i do have a few shows i'll watch if the opportunity comes up. a few shows i enjoy are mash (one of my all time fav's), friends, home improvement, will and grace, criminal minds, i love lucy, dick van dyke, and threes company just to name a few. i am a huge fan of documentaries.

Books: i'm not a really big reader although it has begun growing on me more and more lately. i really enjoy biographies or auto-biographies the most, and as strange as this may sound i also enjoy reading the dictionary. the last book i read was 'unbroken'. it was an amazing read. i literally couldn't put it down till i finished it. i did put it down long enough to sleep, but that was it.

Hobbies: i get bored very easily, so i tend to do something really hard for a little while then get burnt out and move on. about the only thing that's been able to maintain my interest for years are my plants. i can't have enough of those even though i probably have too many. i also enjoy my dog, hanging out with my kids and writing.

Music: i enjoy the 70's, 80's and early 90's era's the most. i enjoy classic rock and on some occasions i'm into listening to country, too. i also enjoy listening to contemporary christian music. it's encouraging.

Travel: i've been to most states within the continental US, but have never been out of the US. one of my favorite trips was visiting alcatraz.

Yay! Someone else who likes WWI stuff! :D

I love this period, I can't seem to watch or read enough about it, Forgotten Voices have done a good book about it, titled The Great War, it's a really good read.

What is happy hardcore? :eek: And I think I've composed a few techno-ish songs before :I
Happy hardcore is from my raver days, you can search for the tunes under Happy Hardcore, UK, 90s, I still like listening to it now when I'm in the mood.

Food: I love EVERYTHING! Except beets. Just can't do beets.
I used to HATE beets, just their presence on my plate would almost ruin my meal. Now I enjoy them!

TV: i don't watch tv anymore. haven't in probably 5+yrs, but i do have a few shows i'll watch if the opportunity comes up. a few shows i enjoy are mash (one of my all time fav's), friends, home improvement, will and grace, criminal minds, i love lucy, dick van dyke, and threes company just to name a few. i am a huge fan of documentaries.
I used to love Threes Company! :)

I used to HATE beets, just their presence on my plate would almost ruin my meal. Now I enjoy them!
When I was maybe 10 we went to my parents friends' house for dinner. I didn't like beets but they were put on my plate. I ignored them. Mom got mad and told me I would eat then or else. Knowing what "or else" meant, I started eating them. About 3 bites in, the beets, along with the fried chicken, potatoes, corn, dinner rolls and milk ended up back on my plate.

I won't even buy beans if they are on the same shelf as beets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00