Why does it have to be so hard!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few years ago i tried to commit suicide and was found by a family friend, and was taken to hospital and got all the counsling, then a few weeks later he commited suicide, i still dont know why he did it, but i have always felt guilty, that some how i triggerd it, its been 5 years now, im 19, and when every someone brings it up, i get the feelings again, its like my trigger, to day i heard one of my parents friends who i am staying with at the moment talking about it, i never new any body als new, but he was saying that i caused the family friend to kill himself,,, i feel so guilty, about so much, i just want life to be over,,, why does everything have to be so hard, i just wish there was an easier way to go

Remedy

Chat & Forum Buddy
Please don't feel guilty, it's unlikely you caused it. People commit suicide because they have too much pain and not enough to fight it. Your friend would've done it anyway. It's not healthy to blame yourself this much for something that you couldn't have changed. Have you spoken to someone in real life about this?

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Nobody causes anybody to do anything unless they directly injure them...these ppl are both cruel and limited...so sorry someone had to put that on you...your friend obviously had his own issues, ones, like yours, which should have been treated...big hugs, J

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm so sorry you feel that you're to blame. You certainly aren't.
Maybe therapy can help you through this. You need to talk to someone about it, :hug:

max0718

Hi Hellogoodby,

:welcome: to the forum!

I'm sorry you feel this way. That is really a horrible way to lose a friend ! You mustn't blame yourself though! With suicide, it is very rarely one thing that causes the person to complete the act. I can assure you that he/she was thinking about it a long time before the incident. I agree with Irishdoll that you definitely need therapy to get through this. Don't be ashamed to ask for help! After all, you did experience a huge loss! I'm sorry that other people are blaming you for this tragedy. People can be so insensitive sometimes, and make assumptions about things they know nothing about.

Take care!

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00