Why is it...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by meaningless-vessel, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

... That the phrase 'we hurt who we care about' is so often true?

I know I've done just that, and I'm in pieces :unsure:

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

GisforGullibe :hug: I guess it is because they are the people who are still around when everything is falling apart - it is unfortunate but natural that they sometimes get buried in the rubble as things disintegrate. The really awe inspiring thing is that even though they are hurt - they are generally the people who will help you pick up the pieces and rebuild. I am sorry you are in pieces - but the pieces can be collected up and fixed :hug:

3. TheRunaway

TheRunaway Active Member

Maybe because we know they'll be there for us and love us no matter what, so we take advantage of that.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things get better... And I'm sure if they care about you, they'll forgive you.

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

The worst bit is we both thought we hurt each other... But neither of us really want to lose the other one. So I've 'got a grip' to coin an overused phrase from people who lack understanding and have vowed to stand by my word in always being there for them. I hope they see the good intentions and that my persistence and resolute defiance to not conform to being like most others plays a part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.