Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always wondered...
Why are humans the only creatures on this Earth that will deliberately try to hurt each other, with no reason other than spite?

It'd be different if we hurt each other over territorial issues, like animals, or to survive. But we hurt just to make others miserable.

Why?

We're supposed to be superior to all creatures, for crying out loud!

Why make someone else hurt without a good reason, or for no reason at all?

If anyone here knows, please tell me. I'm very curious.

snarrylover

I struggle with this very thing, though I actually hate humans as a race - or rather, hate what humans are capable of.

If we are the "beings in power" than we should make it our responsibility to help and protect the vulnerable, not attack and use them.

There are those of us who treat others with respect - or at least try our hardest to do that. People with compassion and understanding, people who want to help the world and all it's creatures, not use and destroy.

And there are those who let power go to their heads, who believe they can do what they want because they have a right.

I'm starting to believe it's some sort of evolution of the mind - we are starting to think differently and open our eyes to what is going on in the world around us.

Last edited by a moderator:

flowers

Sorry I am late to this discussion. I was away for several days. And then sort of recovering when I got home. I will add my opinion to this conversation for what my opinion is worth :
As I see it, there are many people on earth now who live in what I call darkness. They do not understand, or want to understand the harm they do to others. They have forgotten their own truth/ light.

Then there are the people ( many more of them, I think) who are caring and moral. They may not be as loud or make as obvious an impact as those who walk in forgetting or darkness. But they are very important. Because without them, darkness would win.

I think that sometimes the people who are the most sensitive or open hearted can really get hurt the most when they are young, But I also think its very important to try to hang on to your own truth aka heart. Because maybe the people who have lost their light once were sensitive and open hearted. And they lost sight of their heart and kindness when they were wounded by others. If we are kind and caring, we are always adding someting very important to the world. even if it doesnt seem so.

If we can hold on to our own light and heart, then we can contribute to the light and kindness on earth just by being. I hope that didnt sound too lala land. If so, I am sorry and disregard :D

BlueHealingHeart

Yes I agree. I'm one of those type of people who got hurt when I was young. I'm a very caring individual, and I let people who love hurting others into my life cause I trust people. As I was getting mistreated I wondered myself, Why do they hurt me, but yet still remain my friend? Overtime I realized they just don't care how I felt, they took pride over my misery. In the end I had to shut people like that out cause it was damaging my self esteem. It's a shame how people can hurt others, even ones who we thought loved us hurt us. Thank you for this response. :)

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I don't know why people hurt each other, but it makes me mad. I know I would never deliberately hurt anyone, and I feel bad if I even do it unintentionally. But some people only care about themselves, or like to feel superior by making others feel small. I just try and avoid people like that because they are toxic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00