Why...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SaraRose, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the post, and if it's in the wrong area just tell me.

But I just need a hug or something. I feel so alone right now...I wanna cry but keep telling myself that crying won't help. I got a write up at work. I know STUPID reason to have my week of happiness make me depressed. But I'm so freaking embarrassed and sad and upset at myself. I just keep beating myself up over and over. I know this is going to spread around. I KNOW I'm gonna be so freakin alone at work now. And now the boss is going to watch over me. Oh god, I just feel so so so bad.

I...just don't know. I had to get this out in hopes that I can feel happy again. :/

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Aww sorry to hear about the write up...you shouldn't take it so hard though. I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think it will be. I wish I had better advice to give, but I just want you to know that you aren't alone. I hope things will get better for you soon. :hug:

3. SaraRose

It probably wouldn't be that hard...but just remembering what the boss told me "I should terminate you right now. One more time you mess up and I will terminate you on the spot." I'm terrified that I'm gonna make a small mistakeand loose my job. Then the thoughts of bills, and stuff makes it worse cuz I start having panic attacks. I'm playing video games to try to calm myself but I can't even focus on that.

4. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Oh, no! That doesn't sound like a very healthy, productive working environment? Seems like your boss is one of these overly anal types who thrives on motivating staff through fear (of failure)... I'm wondering if you might not want to start to look for alternative options in your line of work? If for no better reason, than to eliminate the distressful positon you've been put in? This is not the sort of thing that ought to be destroying your happiness, it should if anything, be enhancing it!

5. SaraRose

I'm currently trying to find a per-diem job or an agency for a back up. This is my first write up...never got in trouble before. Which is why i don't get it. I've seen others do worse and have no problems...

6. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I think that the best thing you could do--& I know that this is nearly impossible--is to forget the whole thing, and not take it personally...I wonder if this wasn't some form of personality conflict initiated completely on your boss's end? In other words, they just don't like you or appreciate your work. Or they're just the type that like to write write-ups almost as if they've got corporate quotas to fill! Yes, I've seen those, and boy are they wonderful.... Like you said, if you don't think you made any massive mistake in your work--what was cited as your mistake--then I personally don't feel that you've got any reason to take the blame or feel too badly over the episode.. You seem like a strong, solid worker with a very good conscience about you, so I'd just try to look forward and not backwards, from this point on... Hopefully the situation resolves itself in a manner that is highly satisfactory to you, your future and your happiness. Take Care and See You Later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.