Will they help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucie

Dunno if anyone remembers me, I use to post here then I left cus I felt better but I'm back again.

I had a very bad day today at work, when I got home I thought about suicide I had stuff I needed to make an attempt but I couldn't do it because I am too pussy. What if i don’t succeed? Life would be even worse.
I am lonely, I live alone and have no friends except online friends, it was my < Mod Edit > birthday last week and I just wanted it to be over cus I had no one to celebrate with, I'm not close with my family, my mum died, I have no emotional support from anyone (apart from online friends but I still have to deal with stuff myself at the end of the day) It's just me and I feel i can't live just for myself.

I see others all happy around me and I feel so angry, It's such a weight.
I guess If I'm to pussy to suicide atm, i should take anti depressants, I’ve never took them before, do they help?

Last edited by a moderator:

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
They can help.

I am in the same situation as you. Hardly any real friends, mostly internet friends. Partly my own choice to rarely ever leave the house though.
Anyway, PM me, I'm on 24/7 and always looking to talk :hug:

MaNg0s

I used to think about suicide everyday but after starting to take my ad's again a few weeks ago I have been feeling a lot better. They don't take all the pain away but its working enough for me that I don't feel the need to cut any more. They can work just depends on the medication and the dosage.

~Claire

They can work.

It's trial & error sometimes cos what works for 1 person doesn't necessarily work for another. It may take a while to find a med that suits you.

You should go to your GP & hopefully they can recommend one for you, a common one I think is Escitalopram & they usually start you off on a low dose & gradually build it up to see how you get on. They can take a few weeks to have some effect though so it may be worth your while to ask if your practice has a cpn or cmht attached to your practice. They may be beneficial in providing you some support whilst the anti d's take effect, even if you choose not to take meds they can still be supportive & just 'be there' for you.

We are all here for you too :hug:

Claire xx

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday :birthday:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
They help me a lot, makes it possible to keep a better outlook on life. Together with counseling it makes a difference to me, a positive difference.

JohnADreams

Could always try St John's Wart. It's sold in Holland and Barrett and doesnt have any of the side effects normal anti-depressants do. Didnt work out for me, but it helps some people.

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
< Mod Edit >,
I personally think they help some. The key is a regiment of different meds. For instance: I take prosac for depression, geodon for irrational thinking,cojentan to help with side affects of geodon, lamitcal for my mood swings, And remron to help me sleep(it doesn't work for beans.)It helps me fall asleep but I wake back up a couple of hours later and I am up the rest of the night.
I'm glad you came back to the forum for support!! You know that we care!!
Have you tried volunteering? I'm sure a senior citizen home would be glad to have you. Just think of all the stories you'll hear. Just a thought to help you occupy your time. I am on and off the computer different times during the day and night. If you need to talk one to one then PM me. I will see if I can help or I will find someone who can....:chopper:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00