Workplace bullying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaraRose

I consider this to be bullying now that I have dealt with it for about 6 months, though maybe it's not totally since nothing has ever been said to my face. Instead there are 2 nurses who are spreading rumors about me. About how every mistake is my fault, even if I was off.

For example we have chart checks. It's to help make sure that the nurses who may get busy and forget to put a new order on a chart can have it done. There are times we get busy and forget, so the night nurse is supposed to check the charts and correct those things. Well the night nurse doesn't do it right, so when something is missed it's all my fault :/ Not the night nurse who didn't do her job right but just me.

I've told my supervisor. Have proven to him that it's not true but they still continue. I can't tell my supervisors boss cuz she's friends with a nurse that is doin this to me...

What else can I do? I have gotten to the point where I just can't go to work without freaking anymore. I'm afraid that one small mistake- that normally doesn't do anything- will cause a whole new round of rumors.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hi hun can you get transferred to another floor hun get you union involved if you have to. what t hey are doing is wrong hun and they need to stop. If you need more help being organized ask for it I know how busy things get and how things can get missed and you are right the night nurse is just as responsible for not checking orders Get your union involved or ask for a transfer to another floor as you feel you are being harassed Also let them be aware you could bring them up on charges for harassing you. Don't let it continue okay hun Union will help you come to some solution that will help you hugs

SaraRose

*hugs* Thank you. I just found out that one person quit, so that's one less problem. I'm gonna try to move somewhere else. I'm tryin a new floor today so hopefully it works out for me...

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Hi

Sorry to hear this is happening to you but hope these recent changes help with your situation. I have witnessed bullying in my place of work (NHS) and it's hard because reporting it doesn't seem to do anything (manager is just as bad as the rest of them!). Just makes day to day life all harder and unfortunately staff turnover in our team is quite high as a consequence.. but instead of tackling the real problems it all just continues.

Anyway i hope things improve for you.
Jenny

SaraRose

Thanks guys!

Jenny- It's horrible when you report something and nothing gets done. It just makes everything worse because you expect the bosses to help protect you; as it is in the manuals that they all give ya. But real life never works out that way.

Where I work has such a high turnover rate- or people who go from perm to pool- just because people bully people. I try to help those that I can, but I can only do so much and then it goes back to the bosses not doing anything. :/

Jenny

Staff Alumni
I agree.. we see these policies but actually in real life it's a different story all together. Are there other people in your team who are struggling too? I wonder if you could all kind of club together and all raise the issues to management together? In my team our little group is growing and we often meet up to exchange stories of what's happened/what we've seen happen and will raise everything together (i think.. if we ever get the courage!!). Hope it improves for you x

Wastingecho

document document document - get things in writing or send e-mails that confirm delivery then save both messages

keep your own records so if push comes to shove you are the one with the solid evidence

that approach has helped me on occassion

OutCaste

It's happening to me as we speak.

I'm of Asian descent and I'm new in this country. The bullying at my work place is worse because of racism against me. And this racism is actually coming from other people of color. I sense a lot of hatred from them. I don't what I've done to them but they just dont like me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00