1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worried about collidge

Discussion in 'School, Uni and Starting Out' started by bubblebear, Feb 10, 2017.

1. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

i recently got my olanzapine reduced to 2.5. doctor said i shouldnt be on it because im not psychotic. anyways, i found it helpful for controlling my anxiety and since its been reduced i definately think i have more energy, more motivation and more drive. however more energy also means more energy to worry and this morning i woke up feeling anxious and couldnt really shake it off. ive tried doing some yoga and it helped but not really that much. im worried i made the wrong decision and college will suffer even more because i am more anxious now. collidge was suffering anyways because i was missing class due to lack of motivation. i hoped that by reducing the olanzapine id feel enough motivation to go to class. i guess we'll see next week how things go. im scared :oops:

2. frew

frew Well-Known Member

Have you tried mindfullness or meditation? Just 5-10 minutes in the morning makes a huge difference for dealing with racing thoughts/worrying, or stress about the upcoming day. Exercise like running is supposedly good for anxiety too (people keep telling me, I need to put it into practice myself). Is there anything in particular on your mind about college?

3. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Hi @bubblebear :)
    Can you ask your counsellors on site? I mean the ones at the uni about it? Because until you decide what to do you don't want to ruin where you've gotten till..... and can you discuss with your doctor the other options? I know that there are some self help groups you've joined and are working with.... maybe they can help you with the anxiety...
    Sending lotsa love, strength and courage your way......
    Take care!

4. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

hi frew. im sorry for the late reply :eek::eek: . i have tried meditation and mindfulnness before but it didnt help much. i am going to give it a second chance and i have signed up for a mindfullness group starting in a few weeks. so hopefully it will help me a bit. i need to go to the gym more! i went twice this week but hopefully can keep it up. i do find it helpful :rolleyes: nothing particular on my mind about college, i guess im just a bit scared that i wont be able ot deal with it. but i think i just need to force myself to go into class. as much as i can anyways. sometimes i utilize phone helplines to help me vent. i did it last night and it wa good:)

frew likes this.
  5. bubblebear

bubblebear Princess

hi inno sory for late reply :eek: i am going to see my doctor again in april and i think il ask about proper anxiety medications. the self help groups....theyre a bit mixed. i usually feel like ppl are judging me and i worry too much as a result. so im going to stop going to the groups for a while and just try to focus on me, college and my one to one counselling. im sending hugs and loves your way!!