would you?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by gchicklet, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gchicklet

gchicklet Well-Known Member

Would Amy of you consider giving your therapist permission to talk to your pastor?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes I would I guess but I am unsure of what you are want to achieve by doing this?
  3. gchicklet

After my attempt and hospitalization, one of my pastors (who I work really closely with) wants to keep up with how I'm doing with things. I was thinking about doing it anyway, but I recently found an article written for pastors that suggested they ask for it.

He hasn't asked for it, but he's been super supportive through this whole mess. I can't think of anything I've told my therapist that I haven't told this pastor-tho maybe not in the same way or amount of detail.

I figure anything that will add to the support I'm getting would be a good thing.
  4. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

No I wouldn't and there are many reasons that I wouldn't. The main reason being that of a trust issue. While I will talk with my pastor, I do not however want him to know everything that I may be going through. I would look at him and wonder what he was thinking, what the therapist has told him, or even what if during his deacon prayer times he throws my name out there and what I am going through, then not only does he know, the deacons now know, then it will be their families now know and so on.
  5. gchicklet

See, that's not an issue with me. All my deacons already know what's going on and so do their families. My church is my biggest support.

Also, I have a great deal of trust and respect for my pastor. He's earned it at this point. I also know that if I do give permission he's not likely to call my therapist anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.