Young people

I'm brand new here but I've been reading some other stories. I feel so sorry for the young people who feel so hopeless. I'm certainly no expert but I just want to say to young people, you live in the moment & it's hard to realize that before you know it time will go by. Your life is going to change so much in the next year, 5 years, 10. Please try & realize how much you will learn, grow & change. Things & people that seem so important now will be barely a memory some day. Give yourself a chance to live & see what happens in your life. What you can achieve! I've had lots of times in my life where I couldn't see the future & I made it. Right now I'm at an all time low, but I have to tell myself that in a year from now things will be different. I will still be depressed over what happened but who knows who I will meet, what trips I will take? I'm just hoping it gets better.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you for sharing this with us. It's a nice reminder to know that things will eventually change and we might be happier and see ourselves in a different light in 1,3,5 years etc. I am glad you said you made it and am very happy that you did, please know we welcome you here with open arms and shall you ever need to talk there will always be someone around that will be willing to listen! :)

Thank you for sharing this with us. It's a nice reminder to know that things will eventually change and we might be happier and see ourselves in a different light in 1,3,5 years etc. I am glad you said you made it and am very happy that you did, please know we welcome you here with open arms and shall you ever need to talk there will always be someone around that will be willing to listen! :)
I feel so grateful I joined. I'm glad my words helped & showed you a different view of life. Thank you so much. Same here, I will listen too, I have some life experience.

Riley Z.

π–‡π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’π–Žπ–“π–Œ π–‹π–—π–Šπ–Š
I'm 18, and this gave me a little bit of hope for my life which feels absolutely worthless at the moment. Thank you for giving me happiness, even if only for a little while.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
@Falina You are so right about this. I remember the hopelessness of so many things when I was younger. Relationships were especially brutal at the younger ages. Every one of them feels like it will be the end of the world for the young brain and then when I got older I realized that was sooo not the case. Parents are a pain in the ass and always trying to steer you this way and that. What feels like them trying to rule you is so different in another 10 years and all you want is to ask them what you should do about work or the family or whatever. Things really do change and get better. As adults we shrug off the same things that destroyed us just a dozen years earlier with barely a thought or a days worth or pondering on it. I love the younger people on here, they've all got stories to tell and they all remind me of this person or that one. I feel for each of them in some way.

@Falina You are so right about this. I remember the hopelessness of so many things when I was younger. Relationships were especially brutal at the younger ages. Every one of them feels like it will be the end of the world for the young brain and then when I got older I realized that was sooo not the case. Parents are a pain in the ass and always trying to steer you this way and that. What feels like them trying to rule you is so different in another 10 years and all you want is to ask them what you should do about work or the family or whatever. Things really do change and get better. As adults we shrug off the same things that destroyed us just a dozen years earlier with barely a thought or a days worth or pondering on it. I love the younger people on here, they've all got stories to tell and they all remind me of this person or that one. I feel for each of them in some way.
Thanks, Avalanchefan95! I'm glad you wrote and supported what I was trying to get across to the younger people on here. They are all so intelligent and their sensitivity is a reflection of their heart. Break ups are one of the toughest parts of growing up, you feel like you will never be able to fall that deeply in love again. But as adults we know that's simply not true. Again, thanks for the encouraging words!

Hey Falina that post was actually very inspiring for me :)
I'm so happy and touched to hear that, JohnyH! It does my heart good to know someone appreciated my advice and really "listened" to what I was trying to say. Stay positive! Life has so much to offer!

I'm brand new here but I've been reading some other stories. I feel so sorry for the young people who feel so hopeless. I'm certainly no expert but I just want to say to young people, you live in the moment & it's hard to realize that before you know it time will go by. Your life is going to change so much in the next year, 5 years, 10. Please try & realize how much you will learn, grow & change. Things & people that seem so important now will be barely a memory some day. Give yourself a chance to live & see what happens in your life. What you can achieve! I've had lots of times in my life where I couldn't see the future & I made it. Right now I'm at an all time low, but I have to tell myself that in a year from now things will be different. I will still be depressed over what happened but who knows who I will meet, what trips I will take? I'm just hoping it gets better.
Hey Falina..jst read your post. It is so motivating and inspiring for everyone who feels depressed and fed up with its life. But I want to share my feelings too. Yes, it is necessary to give my life a chance and see what miracle can happen. But not everyone is as strong to face it. Just like me,there must be some people who don't have enough courage to see what happens next in their life. Because I don't know the next happening thing will be in my favour or not. If it will be in my favour, that's great,but if not,then,I cannot afford more pain in my life. Maybe I am not strong enough to endure it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00