• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

18+ Only. Talk of masturbation, orgasm....etc

#23
What's masturbation?
Do not know whether you are being sarcastic or not..but I feel the need to answer it anyways, regardless of sarcasm or not. Masturbation is the art of self love :) or by dictionary.com terms

mas·tur·ba·tion (mās'tər-bā'shən) Pronunciation Key
n. Excitation of one's own or another's genital organs, usually to orgasm, by manual contact or means other than sexual intercourse.
 
#25
I don't see why this has to be 18+, and I also can't for the life of me figure out why some users are so upset about such an innocent topic.

Incase anybody has forgotten a pivotal point in history which was the sexual revolution of the 1960's-- talking about masturbation and masturbating is fine nowadays.

We live in a post-modern era right now. Not the middle ages. The days are gone where ye parents of olde would attach weapons to your genitals to stop you from sinful acts, before discreetly leaving you in your room so they could attend the latest witch hanging and burning-- where they would commune with Abigail Williams only to witness her fake a seizure and cry "witch!!!! witch!!!!!!!!!!!" then accuse them of possessing her, which in turn got your parents burned at the stake and your penis forever locked in some weird metal contraption of which only they had the key to unlock.

"Masturbation produces seminal weakness, impotence, dysury, tabes dorsalis, pulmonary consumption, vertigo, epilepsy, loss of memory, fatigue and death."
Benjamin Rush, 1812

"Today there are parents who are alarmed when they discover that their adolescent boy is not masturbating. Several parents who have consulted me about such adolescents are quite concerned that the young persons sexual development is not proceeding normally
Abram Kardiner, 1955

Times have changed. Seeing this thread deleted would disappoint me. However, on the other hand I have had experience both being admin and moderating forums and I know there is much pressure to keep things calm and collected around cyberspace. In the end, I always chose to go the liberal way when it came to rules, so far as posts weren't graphic, overly vulgar, offensive to minorities or contained extremely illegal discussion. Letting conservative posters complain and dictate what is morally acceptable to discuss, I found, can be more dangerous then taking a calculated risk in allowing topics that may make some people feel uneasy. I commend the moderator/s who decided to leave this forum be but also understand some who may have had reservations to allowing it's existence.

The average age people start masturbating around 13 years? Hmm... that's also the legal age people are allowed to be to post on these types of forums.

Personally I masturbate most days of the week, sometimes twice per day. Whoever says that such an act reduces stress and releases endorphens is right.

Don't Cut, masturbate :cool:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

smackh2o

SF Supporter
#26
For guys, if you do it a lot it is also meant to reduce the chance of getting prostate cancer. WINWIN!!!
I don't see the slightest thing wrong with it at all. It is only because it is considered dirty over the years that a lot of people shy away from talking about it. I always say this but we all used to be strict about women showing their ankles in England and now look at us :laugh:
Masturbation is a perfectly natural thing. Can you imagine a world without it? You'de choke on the testosterone fumes!
I strongly beleive it should never be classed as bad and should be talked about openly. As far as mind barriers go, I still haven't spoke to anyone who can acheive climax without actually touching themselves. I beleive it's called a mind w***. I'm such a perv :laugh: :tongue:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

smackh2o

SF Supporter
#27
We live in a post-modern era right now. Not the middle ages. The days are gone where ye parents of olde would attach weapons to your genitals to stop you from sinful acts, before discreetly leaving you in your room so they could attend the latest witch hanging and burning-- where they would commune with Abigail Williams only to witness her fake a seizure and cry "witch!!!! witch!!!!!!!!!!!" then accuse them of possessing her, which in turn got your parents burned at the stake and your penis forever locked in some weird metal contraption of which only they had the key to unlock.
:laugh:
 

lebigmac

Well-Known Member
#28
Masturbation was fun and exciting when I was 14, but it hardly does anything for me anymore. I still jerk off around four times a week, but it's little more than a chore at this point - something I have to do to function. Just going through the motions (literally and figuratively). It has little to do with pleasure.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

starlight2006

Well-Known Member
#29
If people don't want to read about other people's masturbation habits then it's their choice as it's clearly stated in the thread title. Its the same with the different forums. If someone doesnt want to read about someone else being suicidal then they have the choice not to go into that part of the forum.
 
#31
I don't see why this has to be 18+, and I also can't for the life of me figure out why some users are so upset about such an innocent topic.
Hi, I'm 17 everybody.

Masturbation is a perfectly natural phenomenon. There is nothing dirty or embarrassing about it what so ever. It's your body and giving it some positive pleasurable attention is more than acceptable.

However, masturbation has taken a turn for the worst, especially in the post-modern era. Why such a bad turn? Simple answer, pornography. Now if you plan to argue for it and support pornographic content as good, go for it, and good luck with that. Mainstream porn is degrading and immoral, particularly for women. Now I'm not saying that men are perverted and deserve all the blame, after all, how could it be made without the women?

Masturbating to such content is to advocate the immoral and degrading treatment of women. Masturbating because you are depressed or angry is certainly not good either. It will cause you to become dependant on masturbation to find happiness, when you are extremely depressed or angry you will try to balance it, there is such a thing as masturbating too much by the way. It can reach the point where you will become ashamed of your actions and regret it and become more depressed and more angry. Now don't get me wrong, masturbation is a beautiful thing and is nothing to be ashamed of, just ask yourself why you are doing it.

This is a hard reality, I took it hard too, but I'm better because of it, I can love better, live better. I don't watch pornography and I don't masturbate when I'm angry or depressed. If you want some relief, go get yourself a punching bag and tear it to bits.

Should this thread REALLY be allowed on the forum? :unsure: This is a suicide site, not really the place to discuss each others masturbation habbits is it?
On the contrary, masturbation is an extremely pleasurable (happy) thing, where as depression is undesirable (sad). Such contrast... living in depression and suddenly a burst of utter pleasure... this should seriously be analyzed, not neglected.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

smackh2o

SF Supporter
#32
Pornography has been around for thousands of years. Modern day pornography is a very big business and most of the women in those flicks do it because they want to and because they enjoy sex and enjoy being looked at. Are you saying because one woman 'degrades' herself that she represents all the women out there?
And what really does perverted mean these days. To look at a man or womans body? To have a fantasy about someone or something? To practise different methods of sexual intercourse? Explain to me why if the environment is controlled from violence and abuse are these things so bad? Can two mutual lovers not practise sexual methods and be able to talk about it?
Perversion is a word that is blurred so if someone were to call me a pervert because I lurve porn then I don't care.

Masturbating to such content is to advocate the immoral and degrading treatment of women.
This is also not entirely true and your also singling out the fact that it is only males who masturbate. The whole point of sex to me is to make your lover feel absolutly 100% great. Sadly I haven't had the chance to give anyone such satisfaction yet but even when masturbating I would fantasize about how the actor is feeling and that she is enjoying it. Is that degrading?
Also, one more question, why is it immoral. It's all very well just saying it is immoral but I like to know why things are.
 
R

Raiden

#34
I'd write a lengthy response but it's just not worth my time at the moment. However, I will mention that I disagree with Henry as well.
 
Y

YouWillBeHappy

#35
There's no half-reasonable reason to censor this thread... everyone has done it. Frankly, I don't see why it should be limited to 18+ but w/e.

I wonder if not masturbating gives us more motivation? Maybe I'll try quitting for a while :)
 

Esmeralda

Well-Known Member
#36
Pornography has been around for thousands of years. Modern day pornography is a very big business and most of the women in those flicks do it because they want to and because they enjoy sex and enjoy being looked at. Are you saying because one woman 'degrades' herself that she represents all the women out there?
And what really does perverted mean these days. To look at a man or womans body? To have a fantasy about someone or something? To practise different methods of sexual intercourse? Explain to me why if the environment is controlled from violence and abuse are these things so bad? Can two mutual lovers not practise sexual methods and be able to talk about it?
Perversion is a word that is blurred so if someone were to call me a pervert because I lurve porn then I don't care.



This is also not entirely true and your also singling out the fact that it is only males who masturbate. The whole point of sex to me is to make your lover feel absolutly 100% great. Sadly I haven't had the chance to give anyone such satisfaction yet but even when masturbating I would fantasize about how the actor is feeling and that she is enjoying it. Is that degrading?
Also, one more question, why is it immoral. It's all very well just saying it is immoral but I like to know why things are.


What? A good percentage of porn stars are drug addicts and women who were abused in some way as children. That's all I can think about when I see most porn. Pornography from thousands of years ago wasn't exploitative because it consisted of drawings and sketches, not real people with real emotional problems. I love that glazed look porn stars get when they recite the script, "I'm just a very sexual person". Uh huh. Very sexual since the age of 6 when Uncle Skeeter used to sneak into your room every night and play "don't show the therapist where I touched you on the doll".
 
#38
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the topic is on this subject so I will post.

Many of you speak of masturbation highly with the climax of happiness and such.

I cannot remember when I started doing it (many years ago), but at the end, I do not feel happiness, I feel guilt, because I do not want to do it.


I tried looking for ways to stop, with talk of 10-step programs and such like. However, the 10-step program was not for me. I didn't like it.

A few months back, I was able to restrain the urge through shere will power and regret and guilt.

However, it then returned. The way it happens I can only describe it as instinct. Every part of my mind wants me not to, yet I do anyway.

I'm only 17, and my A-Levels are coming. I want to stop this. I dont care if its normal or whatever. I just want to stop. It is hard to resist, and I cant seem to find the strength any more.


Is this even the right forum to ask this? I dont know but I'm pretty depressed on this. This is one of the reasons why, but there are others. Should I have created a new thread for this? Sorry if so.


My parents dont know about this, and I dont want them too. Does anyone have any advice? How does one stop? I did read somewhere that it is impossible to resist the urge. However, I have done it, I was just too weak to keep it up. :(

Any help? Please?
 

smackh2o

SF Supporter
#39
What? A good percentage of porn stars are drug addicts and women who were abused in some way as children. That's all I can think about when I see most porn. Pornography from thousands of years ago wasn't exploitative because it consisted of drawings and sketches, not real people with real emotional problems. I love that glazed look porn stars get when they recite the script, "I'm just a very sexual person". Uh huh. Very sexual since the age of 6 when Uncle Skeeter used to sneak into your room every night and play "don't show the therapist where I touched you on the doll".
You've got a good point there. There must be lots of pornstars who do it because of abuse rather than direct choice. I guess I was refferring to mainstream pornstars who have solid backgrounds and fame because they are good at what they do and like it as shown by interviewing with them. This could also be a falsehood though as they might be hiding their true feelings. All I can say is that sex is a very animal and instinctual thing and that the reason pronography develops like it does it directly because of the way a lot of human minds think. It might be wrong or it might not be but I doubt it is going to be gotten rid of without some serious repression. Pick one I guess :(
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top