2012 mayan end date

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've researched it a lot because I'm interested, not simply because I'm bored. And I believe that a major paridgm shift if happening, most likely on 2012.

Brighid Moon

Member & Antiquities Friend
I'm pretty sure that like all prophecies, it's not what people are thinking. Usually "end times" stuff simply means changes, "death of the old, in with the new". I think something's going to happen, and I'm preparing for it to the best of my ability. Of course, at this point, I'm really not caring any longer. It's supposed to be Dec. 21, 2012. I don't think it's going to be that date, exactly. I think that's like astrology (which I have studied in depth) and that's just the peek, and everything is building up to it now, and that after that it will slowly wane again. I think we're seeing it now.

katy101

The world could end in 2012 because of the a third world war between usa, russia, north korea, iran, and china which ends in a massive nuclear wipeout of the entire world..just a thought, could happen I guess, or something more unforseen like the moon falls from the sky into earth and crushes us all
There are lots of ways for human beings to be extincted out forever,
eg, a deadler version of swine flu or some other new disease comes about,
but dont get me wrong. Im not being pessimistic, there is always a chance it wont happen...
:biggrin:
but I do believe in big fateastlic endings for humankind, it has to be, the world cant go on forever.

just.me

Account Closed
The Mayans couldn't even predict their own demise. How can they be trusted with the end of anything else?
its not about prediction
it because someone saw that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012
so he said that this will be the end of the world
and so the word spread

Lovecraft

The Maya calendar was based on cycles. The first three cycles were said to be world's in which the God's failed to make it correctly, leading up to this world, the fourth, where we have people. The cycle leads into the fifth world in 2012.

Unless you honestly believe that there were a bunch of God's working away to try and make the world, failed thrice and then made a world with people, you should give no credence to the Maya calendar.

Mystic

The Mayan Mesoamerican Long Count calendar happens to run out on Dec 21 2012. The only cataclysm that is going to occur will be in my wallet during Christmas Shopping. (which is on a Friday).

As for time-travel - Future travel is possible and has been proven. Any moving body experiences time dilitation bourne out by Einstein's 1/(1-(v^2/c^2)). Time travel backwards is only possible by superluminal velocites and thus impossible.

The Mayan Mesoamerican Long Count calendar happens to run out on Dec 21 2012. The only cataclysm that is going to occur will be in my wallet during Christmas Shopping. (which is on a Friday).

As for time-travel - Future travel is possible and has been proven. Any moving body experiences time dilitation bourne out by Einstein's 1/(1-(v^2/c^2)). Time travel backwards is only possible by superluminal velocites and thus impossible.

Actually time travel backward will be proven as soon as theoretical wormholes are discovered. The mathematical equations behind this are based on the fact that gravitational bodies slow time down and that the lack of gravitation bodies in a specific area allow time to flow more quickly. So if a worm hole existed where one end was open close to a large gravitational body and the other end was in open outer space with no gravitational bodies near it, going in from that end and coming out the end near the gravitational body would theoretically result in going back in time.

Now wormholes are yet to be discovered but the mathematical equations exist to show that they should be out there. Black holes were theoretical at one point too and now scientists think white holes might exist as well. I think as time goes on we will discover time travel is possible in both directions.

Mystic

Actually time travel backward will be proven as soon as theoretical wormholes are discovered. The mathematical equations behind this are based on the fact that gravitational bodies slow time down and that the lack of gravitation bodies in a specific area allow time to flow more quickly. So if a worm hole existed where one end was open close to a large gravitational body and the other end was in open outer space with no gravitational bodies near it, going in from that end and coming out the end near the gravitational body would theoretically result in going back in time.

Now wormholes are yet to be discovered but the mathematical equations exist to show that they should be out there. Black holes were theoretical at one point too and now scientists think white holes might exist as well. I think as time goes on we will discover time travel is possible in both directions.
Yes...but you would not in relative terms be at superluminal velocites whilst travelling within a worm hole, thus the dialition equation stands. But to an observer outside the wormhole, you would arrive back into space before you left it - thus appear to travel back in time. Worm holes are mathematical model abstracts which has yet to be proven, along with white holes, Dark Matter etc etc. (I'm not saying they don't exist, just not proven)

There is nothing in the mathematics which say time travel backwards is impossible, but to get to the neccessary velocities would take infinite energy for infinite time as you would get infinitly dense and be infinitly 'thin' due to Lorentz Contraction. Get past that, and you have youself a time-machine.

johnnysays

I think that if we could travel faster than light than we could travel back in time, so to speak. For example, if you traveled to another star system at 2x the speed of light, when you got there you would see earth as it existed in the past in some proportion to 2x. It's correct that you wouldn't actually be traveling back in time, but for observational purposes it would work. Hypothetically, with a all-powerful telescope you could see past events as they unfold on earth in real-time.

Go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnoMaSgYPY&feature=related

The only problem is that you could only go back in time as far as the machine itself existed.

Last edited by a moderator:
2012 And All That

I would like to share with you something from ‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’, in the hope that the administration will kindly allow me to do so.

As you know by now, I have always accompanied you through all your experiences, good and bad alike. I was there with you, even if for a very long time you did not know that this is so. Nothing was ever beyond My will or out of My control. Everything that ever took place on the Earth plane did so for wise reasons, namely to teach you and your world some crucial lessons. I sense the responses that are coming from many earthly minds in response to this; they are saying: ‘And what about times of tyranny, wars, holocausts, man-made and natural disasters, ranging from the torture of individuals, to mass exterminations?’ My beloved children of the Earth, such things too have been and still are part of your curriculum.

More of this in a moment, but first I wish to tell you about the year 2012: ‘Nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen in that year. Look around you and see the profound changes that are now taking place in your world. Its evolutionary march forward is unstoppable and progressing well. This will continue in the year 2012 and beyond, the same as it is doing now and the way it has always done. Your world is changing rapidly before your very own eyes. An important part of this is the new President of the USA. He is bringing with him a renewal of hope for your world. He, the same as everybody else, is guided by Me and the Angels. Never doubt that you and your world are resting safely in My loving hands.’

Throughout the ages, prophets, seers and sages, who genuinely had the good of humankind at heart, appeared from time to time in your world. Among them were the Lord Buddha, the Master Jesus and the Prophet Mohammed, to name but three. Then, to this day, there are soothsayers whose predictions become ever wilder, the more gullible the people around them show through their reactions that they are. The more frightened folks become, the more outrageous and less likely to be true their forecasts of gloom and doom grow.

You have to bear in mind that oracles of this nature, of past and present, are unlikely to have as yet any sense of responsibility for their creations, their forecasts. Negative Karma is created through causing suffering and pain to any of My creatures. Little do such fortune-tellers know that they, the same as every other soul, are directly responsible for every single one of their thoughts, words and actions. If they knew that instilling fear – especially the fear of God – into people’s souls is a spiritual crime that weighs more heavily than many others, they would soon turn the focus of their attention to more positive aspects of life.

Source

With love and light,
Aquarius

I think that if we could travel faster than light than we could travel back in time, so to speak. For example, if you traveled to another star system at 2x the speed of light, when you got there you would see earth as it existed in the past in some proportion to 2x. It's correct that you wouldn't actually be traveling back in time, but for observational purposes it would work. Hypothetically, with a all-powerful telescope you could see past events as they unfold on earth in real-time.

Go here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnoMaSgYPY&feature=related

The only problem is that you could only go back in time as far as the machine itself existed.
One really amazing aspect of traveling through space is the ability to contract space in front of a ship and expand it behind the ship. This is the same principle that allows the wing of an airplane to gain lift. It would violate none of Einstein's laws of space and time and would theoretically allow a ship to travel more than 100 times the speed of light.

Mystic

To observe the past is what happens all the time. You observe any object as being in the past, because of the time it takes light to travel between objects. You see the Sun not as it is now, but as it was 8 minutes ago, for example. If there was an identical Earth orbiting the nearest star at 4 light years away and you have a REALLY powerful telescope, you would see stuff on this new Earth not as it is, but as it was 4 years ago. This is been known since the velocity of light was established as finite.

As for the reality of building a time machine being possible and travelling back was a reality, this opens a massive can of theortial worms in terms of paradoxes, all of which have yet to be proven as there are many ideas as to what would actually happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00