about tio hit 40

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
hey all, I am about to hit the age of 40! in a couple of weeks!! I have relaised that i have spent almost half my life screwing up and just being a generall twat with things!! I have done things that have cost me dear and regrets a hell of a lot. I have burried my head in the sand for years and now I am in debt and up to my eyes in self loathing, hurt and regret. will life get any better??

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
I hit 40 a few years ago.....

But look, can't say it can get better, but can't say it can get worse either. No one can predict the future, but try to control as much of it as you can.
my future and my destiny is in my hands and down to me to make the most of what I have! :)

Charlene

SF Supporter
I did the 40 a while ago. Please know that life can always change to the better. Sometimes "life" needs allowance to turn into "better" and you are asked to give that allowance. Every single day. When I turned 40 I was in a similar state like you seem to be in at the moment. But today I would resume all the time between 40 and now as a way to become who I originally might have planned to be. I did rearrange a lot of circumstances and would now say "life was worth the Odyssey". I now am more ME than I have ever been before and I kind of like it. So do not get scared of a number (40) and do not subsume all the struggles you are in as a bad predictor for the future. I am definitely doing a lot better than < 40. Progress needs time and growth and growth happens when we have to face struggles or discrepancies (between the reality and our internal shoulds). I finally faced a lot of anxieties during last months and did a lot of real big steps that I never felt to have the strength for. And it was worth every step and every shy hesitation. Keep on going and posting and welcome the new decade like a friend you always longed for. Hugs, Anne

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
most people are scared of hitting 50 I was terrified to hit 40 *hiding to me it symbolized getting older things going down from here type shit and I was really upset. you know what? a couple of days after I hit 40 I realized it was just another day, and that was more than 2 decades ago, mike

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
hey all, I am about to hit the age of 40! in a couple of weeks!! I have relaised that i have spent almost half my life screwing up and just being a generall twat with things
But that means you've still got over half your life left to be serious and get stuff done. Pretty good odds :)

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I did the 40 a while ago. Please know that life can always change to the better. Sometimes "life" needs allowance to turn into "better" and you are asked to give that allowance. Every single day. When I turned 40 I was in a similar state like you seem to be in at the moment. But today I would resume all the time between 40 and now as a way to become who I originally might have planned to be. I did rearrange a lot of circumstances and would now say "life was worth the Odyssey". I now am more ME than I have ever been before and I kind of like it. So do not get scared of a number (40) and do not subsume all the struggles you are in as a bad predictor for the future. I am definitely doing a lot better than < 40. Progress needs time and growth and growth happens when we have to face struggles or discrepancies (between the reality and our internal shoulds). I finally faced a lot of anxieties during last months and did a lot of real big steps that I never felt to have the strength for. And it was worth every step and every shy hesitation. Keep on going and posting and welcome the new decade like a friend you always longed for. Hugs, Anne
Aww, I am so happy to read that, Anne *hug I'm reassured now that you're making progress, staying strong and so smart! Keep being awesome. We are here for you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00