Advice to your past self...

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by Ima.robot, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

What advice would you tell yourself if you could go back in time? It doesnt matter how far in the past you would go, just any life lessons you have learned. It could be a lesson you learned this month or years ago. Career advice, relationship advice, spiritual advice, anything at all you think is important.

I have a few although im still guilty of them:
    -Stop thinking so much
    -Try to enjoy the day instead of worrying about tomorrow so much
  2. MisterBGone

Forget Your Friends
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Go now before things get worse
  4. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Todays history, tomorrows a mystery. Dont give up yet
  5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Those demons are a very real brain disorder....get help sooner and minimise damage to loved ones
  6. BadWolf

BadWolf Well-Known Member

Develop you! Your friends are pretty limiting.
  7. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member should not keep everything eith your what you feel..cry if you want to..laugh your heart out if you want...shout..just dont be an them that you are also human..capable of feeling..,

<well...why is it so easy to type than to do it.... :D >
  8. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Basically don't fall head over heels in love with any of the female species as they all break your heart in the end (& some even rip it out & dance on it) - well not really but to all intents & purposes they do just that

If it was not for my no holds barred emotional involvement with past & now this current gf I would probably not have needed to register with SF

Would I change anything?

Probably not as to me sex is not the be all & end all in that I don't do one night stands or have ever been 'with' a prostitute - As I have posted elsewhere on SF I trully feel intimacy over-rules sex; i would raher hug cuddle kiss than have sex though like any guy I enjoy sex

Anyway :focus: I would tell myself not to be a sucker in love :frown-new:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  9. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

Work for a year or two before going to college and give yourself time to figure out what you're good at and what you really want to do with your life. Don't rush into anything. Do the research, learn the value of money and hard work, and make the best decision for you!
  10. JMG

JMG Well-Known Member

Advice to my very dumb 19 year old self: Your parents & a lot of other family members are narcissists, get info on what exactly that means before worrying SO bloody much about "having a boyfriend" and certain "first times" for things, there are a LOT of illusions that very desperately need to be shattered for you so that you will see things as they really are and so you won't be so completely misguided. Don't try losing a bunch of weight because of being afraid of the opinion of what some guy you've only talked to online will think when you arrange to meet him, he does not look NEARLY as good as he does in his webcam pic, all this dumb worrying you are doing about how he is going to judge you is completely ridiculous and just a waste of time as you will see. Tarot cards will give you better guidance with some of the most confusing possible things than all the counsellors you've seen over all these long, confusing years as well as anyone else. Your boss is a perv so be damn careful around him.
  11. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Say something.
  12. jenny4

jenny4 Member

Stand up for yourself.
  13. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Don't allow people to toy with your emotions, ever; period!
  14. MisterBGone

1.) You really are a genius.
    2.) You're a genius.
    3.) Genius.
  15. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Apologise to the people who you have upset and shed tears of sorrow. Most important keep the promise.
  16. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Follow your heart and do what feels right.
  17. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Learn to better recognize the signs, and stop "dismissing" them as inconsistencies, when they are in fact the signs of someone playing/toying with your emotions.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  18. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

fight don't run
    Brittless likes this.
  19. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Don't be who others want you to be, just be yourself. Slow down, don't be in such a hurry.
  20. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Don't get stressed out about that Disability review. That's when my mental problems started.