Alone with no friends.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by MHD, Sep 6, 2016.

1. MHD

MHD Member

This year, 6 days ago to be exact, I moved from primary school to high school (I'm 15 years old). I didn't have much friends in primary school. Now I'm in high school and I think it's even worse, I'm completely alone there. There is one guy from the same primary school, but he kind of knew one student there and he started making frieds quick. I usually sit alone in class, sometimes I sit with some random guys and I almost don't speak to anyone, unless someone ask me a question but this is rare. I know it's been only 6 days, but I don't feel like I will make friends here. Maybe thesy don't like me, because of my outlook or something I don't know and to be honest I don't even want to know. Damn I'm so alone, no friends at all, no siblings, of course no girlfriend or anyone I could talk to or hang out with. I don't know what to do, I'm expecting your answers will be like: You need to start talking with schoolmates, but I'm very quiet person and I have no courage to start conversation with anyone, because it can end even worse. I also have no motivation in school because of loneliness. It's all my fault I should be less ugly and more communicative, but I'm not. Sorry for some english mistakes that i've made. Thanks for reading and have a nice day, because I won't.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hey MHD, yeh it's tough being that age and no friends. I was 14 when my parents moved to Canada from Scotland.
    I remember going to school when we arrived here and it was hell, I looked funny, spoke with a funny accent and would turn red if any one spoke to me. I basically tried to not speak for the first year, cause everyone made fun of me and laughed at my accent. It did get better after the first year, I fit in with a couple a friends that were treated similar to me me, we were not the cool kids of course :) All I can say is give it some time and you'll find that things usually work out.
    There are others in your school who I'm sure feel just like you. Take care young brother, you'll be okay.
    Frances M likes this.
  3. GameADDict

GameADDict Aspiring psychologist

Wow. I felt like I was reading myself, haha. Anyways, I'm also that awkward loner in class. I actually used to have a small group of friends in elementary school. That changed once I got into high school though. I think my ADHD has something to do with it. A lot of kids with ADHD experience social rejection. So I eventually went from being mildly social to a social recluse. I too have no friends, siblings or even a girlfriend. I also believe I'm not attractive and that I lack communication skills. So, you're not entirely alone when it comes to this predicament. If that somehow helps you.
  4. MHD

MHD Member

It's not much better after a few days., I still feel alone or a better word would be ignored. I'll join chess club in school, maybe I will find someone there, because maybe we have same hobbies and interests. I don't know really what to do, I won't go to another school just because community here isn't for me I'm here for eduation this is my dream school and if it's needed I will go 4 years through without friends.
    Brian777 likes this.
  5. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Chess club is a great idea. Was also wondering if you could tutor any students who might be having trouble learning stuff. You sound pretty bright so this could be a possibility.
  6. MHD

MHD Member

I've got another question. Is being quite a bad thing? I rarely talk, obivously because i have no one to talk to and I'm a quite type of person anyway.
  7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I don't think that being quiet is a bad thing, everyone is different.
  8. spacecowboy

spacecowboy Well-Known Member

My freshman year of high school, I had no friends. I finally made some my sophomore year. Are there any clubs that interest you? If you're into sports, check out the track team or wrestling team.
  9. mariareese

mariareese New Member

Me too also feeling the same .. no one is with me these days I am alone.. :(