• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

alone

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I did th damn phone call. It's a preliminary step and may lead nowhere. Even so, taking action is better than not and I need to have some control over wrapping this whole mess up and being able to move forward. ffs It was triggering but I think I'm going to stay grounded since I knew in advance the topics I'd be talking about.
 
Next time I'm in a shop that sells herbs and stuff, I'll ask about that
I think it's usually combined with other herbs rather than taken alone.
What are the side effects? I have a bunch of food allergies so I have to be very careful.
I think most Chinese herbs, when correctly prescribed, have few or no side effects. I don't know enough about this herb in particular to say more than that.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I think most Chinese herbs, when correctly prescribed, have few or no side effects. I don't know enough about this herb in particular to say more than that
Okay. I remember that about 10 yeasr ago I tried taking something which was supposed to be a mildly stimulating Chinese herb, and it made my heartbeat accelerate to scary fast. So there's some trepidation due to my (very limited) experience.
 
It was probably ephedra, though possibly something else.

Were you actually prescribed this by an herbalist? While correctly prescribed Chinese herbs usually have few or no side effects, non-prescribed or poorly prescribed herbs can sometimes cause trouble, with ephedra being one of the most troublesome.

A professional herbalist will ask you a series of questions to rule out contraindications.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top