Always about her

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Rockclimbinggirl, May 13, 2016.

1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Whenever I talk with my mom about something, she brings it back to her. Like what she did in a similar situation. It's so annoying, it's like she's not paying attention to me.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry hun *hugs* It can really suck when anyone does that, and especially if it's your mother... maybe she struggles to want to take it in?

Have you tried telling her in a gentle way that it makes you feel this way? She might not realize she is doing it

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Open communication...communicate with your mom how its making you feel and gauge her reaction and go from there

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

No, I haven't.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am guilty of this IRL but not on here, I don't do it on purpose, it's just my way of processing things. Maybe have a gentle chat with her and explain that it is annoying. My mom sure has told me how annoying it is when I do it to her. It's just a habit I picked up. I hope you can sort things out with her soon and this thread makes me realises I should THINK before I speak!