an amazing array of new symptoms, hooray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I knew what depression felt like, but apparently, there are "neat" new tricks around every corner.

Recently, I've been reclusive--feeling lonely, but wanting to be alone, not wanting to see anyone. This is curious, because usually, I'm very verbal about how I'm feeling. I have aboslutely no motivation. I feel like I am a terrible person who has driven all her friends away because she talks too much about emotions (I was called "hard to deal with" for being high strung), and I feel like even if I COULD talk to my friends, they wouldn't understand me...they never really have. Oh, and the holidays are coming...I hate the holidays.

I sleep ALL the time and I cannot find a point in ANYTHING. Sounds pretty routine, huh? Well, to be honest, depression for me was always a sad affair...something of deep despair. This time, I'm void of most emotion and can't see a reason in anything. It's a very strange feeling floating around in oblivion--like there's no difference between existing and non existance.

Sorry for the absurdly boring entry, but I've come to realize that depression wears many masks--has many faces. But just like every other time I've been depressed, I just want to get better soon.

TLA

Antiquitie's Friend
I thought I knew what depression felt like, but apparently, there are "neat" new tricks around every corner.

Recently, I've been reclusive--feeling lonely, but wanting to be alone, not wanting to see anyone. This is curious, because usually, I'm very verbal about how I'm feeling. I have aboslutely no motivation. I feel like I am a terrible person who has driven all her friends away because she talks too much about emotions (I was called "hard to deal with" for being high strung), and I feel like even if I COULD talk to my friends, they wouldn't understand me...they never really have. Oh, and the holidays are coming...I hate the holidays.

I sleep ALL the time and I cannot find a point in ANYTHING. Sounds pretty routine, huh? Well, to be honest, depression for me was always a sad affair...something of deep despair. This time, I'm void of most emotion and can't see a reason in anything. It's a very strange feeling floating around in oblivion--like there's no difference between existing and non existance.

Sorry for the absurdly boring entry, but I've come to realize that depression wears many masks--has many faces. But just like every other time I've been depressed, I just want to get better soon.

Always Alone--I don't want you to feel alone. I am in Texas. Your post is not boring. People need to feel "aahhh yea, i have that too!!"
I also am surprised, even after knowing the evil side of bipolar, that a new symptom appears for me and I end up going--oh ****. Depression is diverse and a mask of sorts.

Isolation, no motivation, not talking much anymore-shutting down, sleeping too much....I am in that now. So don't beat yourself up too hard. I do bounce back for some 2 weeks. too much happened to me, too fast. I see my doc in about 2 weeks.
The other thing I do that is cool (to me) when I want to rate myself (when I can take it) is to look at internet ads, T.V. commercials, articles, brouchures to see how many signs of depression I show now? or later when I get stable, how many did I used to have? wow, thats a change now!

When you notice "this is not usually how I am"...I think since depression messes with your brain chemicals and blood too, that we start acting/feeling different too.
I just want to say I hear ya, feel same too!! PM me if you need.

TLA

thanks TLA :) i'm here for pm too if you need me! its comforting to know that others feel the same...not that i wish we didn't...just that we're not aliens from outerspace trying to fit into a foriegn culture--there are people here just like us, that can relate to us, and can tell us that everything is going to be ok.

hang in there!! and thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00