• IMPORTANT: Covid-19 can only be discussed on this site in terms of SUPPORT. There is a covid-19 support forum and a covid-19 support chat for people needing support around this topic. There is a thread in Forum News and Announcements explaining this further. Please read it.

Anniversary date

Lorax

In a rare (for the last few years) occurrence, I had a nightmare, to wake up feeling nauseous and in pain all day. It's not the flu, it's the date I lost a parent. I was reminded of that, by my other parent mentioning it. The whole family went somewhere we used to go when I was a kid. I'm about 12 hours away, so I couldn't go.

Then I had a fight with someone, and cut them out of my life. Not a huge loss, we've only talked a few times. Girlfriend of my friend type deal. But that really pissed me off, while already being a mess. Plus long day at work.

It's the same every year. The pain comes back, like it had just happened. I was with them, from removing support, up until death. I'm glad I got to see them off. They were there for me, whenever I asked. So it felt fitting. I can't unsee that process. But I don't regret staying.

If you're going through loss/ certain days. It's okay to be hurt, it's okay to talk it out, it will always hurt sometimes. But try to keep going. As I kept going for them, you can too. That's all I can say, it's not fair, it hurts, and it takes a part of you. But, you're not alone. I'm going to go cry now.

Lorax

Just wanted to add, both my parents doted on me, and never gave up on trying to make me happy. I miss the lost one, but the other one talked to me and cheered me up.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00