• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Empathy Only Another thread to forget

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
#1
I studied, worked, slept and lived as close to sanity as I'm able to. I tried to find new hobbies and managed to keep some running for months before they faded away.
I helped as many others as I could, though my mind struggles a lot with all these so-called "help", like regretting handing money for someone in need to return home or expecting something from the people I helped on SF.
I do everything I can to stay until this day, meaningful and helpful to others.

Have I done something wrong? Because I rarely have any luck in all this getting some help, from a bad therapist to busy counselors. Forgotten threads are somewhat expected but it's still hurt. I'm still struggling with getting people attention in chat.
Have I done too little? Have I done nothing? Have I done less than nothing?
Now I have to accept that either I'm suck at getting help or I don't deserve help in general.

Then, at least, may I be free from this world?
 

Javier

Well-Known Member
#2
I don't think people in general need to help others to get help. It's simply something that you need and there should be no conditions.

As you said, finding a good therapist or psychiatrist is not always easy. You can be lucky and find a good one or find some that are basically useless, at least that's how it works here. Still, keep trying, it's only a matter of time until you get the proper help

Take care, John.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#3
Hey John, hope you feel better!

You have not done anything wrong, and you deserve help, Sorry that the help you received has not helped enough.

I hope you find a way to get a break from your suffering, as I have followed your posts for a while now and things seem to not be going too well
 

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
#4
Here if you feel like talking, or if there's any way I can help. I'm not able to use chat but can use the basic functions of the forum's PM system.
 
#5
I studied, worked, slept and lived as close to sanity as I'm able to. I tried to find new hobbies and managed to keep some running for months before they faded away.
I helped as many others as I could, though my mind struggles a lot with all these so-called "help", like regretting handing money for someone in need to return home or expecting something from the people I helped on SF.
I do everything I can to stay until this day, meaningful and helpful to others.

Have I done something wrong? Because I rarely have any luck in all this getting some help, from a bad therapist to busy counselors. Forgotten threads are somewhat expected but it's still hurt. I'm still struggling with getting people attention in chat.
Have I done too little? Have I done nothing? Have I done less than nothing?
Now I have to accept that either I'm suck at getting help or I don't deserve help in general.

Then, at least, may I be free from this world?
John - I hear your pain. I think there are so many people in the world in such great pain that there are times it's difficult to open our eyes much less respond to another in any way. I'm certainly not in any position to "help" you, but I am here and willing to listen - Starry Starry Night
 
#6
John, you posted something supportive on one of my threads offering strength, courage, and care, and that meant a lot to me. I want to offer the same words to you. It’s hard when it’s so uphill, but you do absolutely deserve help.
 

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
#7
Hey John, hope you feel better!

You have not done anything wrong, and you deserve help, Sorry that the help you received has not helped enough.

I hope you find a way to get a break from your suffering, as I have followed your posts for a while now and things seem to not be going too well
John, you posted something supportive on one of my threads offering strength, courage, and care, and that meant a lot to me. I want to offer the same words to you. It’s hard when it’s so uphill, but you do absolutely deserve help.
Thank you. My life is definitely not good right now.

John - I hear your pain. I think there are so many people in the world in such great pain that there are times it's difficult to open our eyes much less respond to another in any way. I'm certainly not in any position to "help" you, but I am here and willing to listen - Starry Starry Night
What I mean by "help" is that I'm helping others on SF with an expectation that I would be helped, hence it's "help".
You are helping. Thank you.
 
#12
It sounds like you’ve been pouring out a lot of yourself to others, which says many admirable things about you. I think you certainly deserve that same care and chance to rest, recharge, and breathe.
 

Atreides

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
#14
I can tell you really want to help others in this community. I understand you're not getting the feedback you're hoping for. That makes sense. I think a lot of people read threads and don't respond because they don't know what to say. I think people want to get a sense of someone's personality before they respond. You'll get more attention the longer you stay.
 

RubberTurnip

Well-Known Member
#15
Hey, I also remember you for leaving some kind words on my thread, they really helped me through the day that time. I'm sorry to see you struggling so much. From the way you write I feel like you have a lot of wisdom in you. Personally I don't respond often to threads because I don't know how to help but I hope you feel better soon and keep writing if it helps.
 

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
#16
I can tell you really want to help others in this community. I understand you're not getting the feedback you're hoping for. That makes sense. I think a lot of people read threads and don't respond because they don't know what to say. I think people want to get a sense of someone's personality before they respond. You'll get more attention the longer you stay.
Hey, I also remember you for leaving some kind words on my thread, they really helped me through the day that time. I'm sorry to see you struggling so much. From the way you write I feel like you have a lot of wisdom in you. Personally I don't respond often to threads because I don't know how to help but I hope you feel better soon and keep writing if it helps.
It's just that sometimes I really need someone to be on my side when I'm the most down and lonely, but I have none, so a thread like this.

What exactly is my personality, though?
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top