Anyone have problems with motivation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight

I sure do. I really don't want to be considered a lazy person though. From the perspective of a depressed person, it seems to make everything seem like a huge task even if it is just writing a paper. I really need some help getting motivated. Any ideas?

I just want to be the type of person that works hard to get what they want. I need to know how to do that. :cry:

amee

Ohhhh yes. Part of my problem of motivation is that I assume I won't be able to do something right, that I don't know what to do yet. I'll do it later when it comes naturally, or something.

Other times, I get manic and try to do everything at once, grind myself into the ground, under the assumption that I won't be able to do it later. I won't be capable. The stars won't align correctly.

So I think this is a self-feeding cycle for me: I expect myself to be all-or-nothing, and if I can't DO all, I resort to nothing. Is yours similar?

--A

twilight

It is defineately similar in the fact that I assume I won't do something right. When I think about writing papers for school, I am just reminded that I know that I am not a good writer and anything I can think of will sound completely horrible. I am more of the type of person that works on something for ten minutes, gets discouraged, and then tries again later. Or I will wait until the last minute, which usually makes things worse.

Will

Staff Alumni
I agree with the discouragement part as well...

Though at times, when doing long papers, I want to keep going, but it's just like I can't concentrate even when I do get started. Sometimes it's just the idea of having to write really makes me lose motivation...

xan

Chat Buddy
Motivation is so had to gather, getting up, eating, looking after myself generally, all seems like too much effort, fruitless. I rarely do any uni work until the last minute when i try and use panic and it's necessitiy to kick myself into doing it... would rather just lie in bed for a few months though, that'd make it all so much easier.

smackh2o

SF Supporter
I've lost all motivation for uni :'(
The one thing that i had as a future, something to look forward to, a career. In my third year and i'm sat here with 4 big assignments to get done before
22nd of Dec. My friend (drug related anxiety and depression) recommends doing push ups in the morning. Ha! can't even be arsed eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00