anyone know the way to cope to your daily pressure after a long time?

Mayarian

Today is my last holiday. I got around 4 weeks holiday, and gonna face my study again tomorrow. For information, Im on my professional license's study/training for become a licensed in a certain medical field(sorry that I cant really spill a detail bcs Im scarred if someone may know me) and my study/training is a main trigger for my depression(started with cant cope with the situation, slower progress within my comrades, etc and slowy I began to think that my life is a mess and finally blaming myself, my own life and soul for making a mistakes for choosing something that I cant do then started to self hurt and suicidal)

Im really happy because for these 4 weeks I didnt have to worry and panic about study. I did everything to improve my moods(except go to counselor since my family still around) and did any self care like skin care, work out everyday, drawing even got a haircut.
But sooner or later I need to face 'reality' again, Im worried if somehow if anything cant be right and messed up I may be gonna panic chaotic like the last time it was really bad. I was stable for a pretty much long time and kinda have some adaption to my stressful enviroment. The last time I gone mad fortunately I was alone and I just crying all night, typing all bad words to myself(if I wrote the detail I can be warned)

I dont know how to make myself 'ready' for facing something that may(and already) ruined my mind? I can just ran away but I know I cant. My family invested so much for this and Im being categorized as a senior years which is everyone expected to graduate soon. Im trying to finish this, on my way but Im scarred if anything could get wrong. I want my brain just to relax and let the flow but I cant, Im scared.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
I can relate all too well as when in stressful work environment or now classes i get what i call the deer in headlights feeling and feel as if my mind just slows down and cant seem to proactively concentrate. I agree with @Innocent Forever that talking to a uni/college counselor could be really helpful. Also one thing ive been thinking about is maybe reaching out to classmates to form a study group as then by talking about coursework with other students might be helpful. Sending you hugs and peaceful thoughts

Mayarian

Does your university/college have a counsellor on site for you to discuss it with?
I can relate all too well as when in stressful work environment or now classes i get what i call the deer in headlights feeling and feel as if my mind just slows down and cant seem to proactively concentrate. I agree with @Innocent Forever that talking to a uni/college counselor could be really helpful. Also one thing ive been thinking about is maybe reaching out to classmates to form a study group as then by talking about coursework with other students might be helpful. Sending you hugs and peaceful thoughts
We dont have one, unfortunately. My training is completely individual things, there's no way to get a help like study group for a main requirements to finish nd get my license. If there's anything that I can ask for my collagues is a notes for license exam which is still far away and Im still not good enough to get the permission to take that exam(you need to finish the requirements first and then can take an exam). This requirement that Im talking about is like a fairy that need to find someone that willing to let me help their problems, but they need to be very patient and follow the schedules,visits which is very tiring and troublesome thats why its very difficult to convince them to get treated by us

Ofc we have one 'teacher' assign to watch our progress. But theyre really just for formality, nothing can be good to talk bcs theyre not a counselor and my story may spread through the school. I plan to meet a counselor but still worried bcs I need to show my face and name and my occupation. Im okay for now but I dunno about later.

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
We dont have one, unfortunately. My training is completely individual things, there's no way to get a help like study group for a main requirements to finish nd get my license. If there's anything that I can ask for my collagues is a notes for license exam which is still far away and Im still not good enough to get the permission to take that exam(you need to finish the requirements first and then can take an exam). This requirement that Im talking about is like a fairy that need to find someone that willing to let me help their problems, but they need to be very patient and follow the schedules,visits which is very tiring and troublesome thats why its very difficult to convince them to get treated by us

Ofc we have one 'teacher' assign to watch our progress. But theyre really just for formality, nothing can be good to talk bcs theyre not a counselor and my story may spread through the school. I plan to meet a counselor but still worried bcs I need to show my face and name and my occupation. Im okay for now but I dunno about later.
Okay, so you're asking for practical advice?
If you're meeting a counsellor you can ask for
- advice on how to calm yourself down
- how to deal with anxiety

What you may want to do
- write a list of what you're going to be studying
- break it down
- make a daily plan
- give yourself frequent break
- make yourself a reward chart. Every 10 minutes study gives you 10 whatever (here it would be pence, which means that about 2 hours studying gives one pound, not much, but motivating, and adds up, but isn't spending too much).
- learn how to calm yourself down when anxious
- learn how to make yourself present (such as focusing on colours around you, what you feel/hear.

Mayarian

Okay, so you're asking for practical advice?
If you're meeting a counsellor you can ask for
- advice on how to calm yourself down
- how to deal with anxiety

What you may want to do
- write a list of what you're going to be studying
- break it down
- make a daily plan
- give yourself frequent break
- make yourself a reward chart. Every 10 minutes study gives you 10 whatever (here it would be pence, which means that about 2 hours studying gives one pound, not much, but motivating, and adds up, but isn't spending too much).
- learn how to calm yourself down when anxious
- learn how to make yourself present (such as focusing on colours around you, what you feel/hear.
I think I can see something to talk to with a counselor. I confused what I need to tell if I meet professional for real, should I told them randomly how I got there but they may be confused about my points?I may break down with tears and cant deliver my points. But I can see I can ask about how to calming myself and anxiety and then later talked about my root story how it can get at this points. Thank you

Innocent Forever

πŸ’πŸ₯œπŸŒ
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think I can see something to talk to with a counselor. I confused what I need to tell if I meet professional for real, should I told them randomly how I got there but they may be confused about my points?I may break down with tears and cant deliver my points. But I can see I can ask about how to calming myself and anxiety and then later talked about my root story how it can get at this points. Thank you
Why not write it all down so that you can give it to whoever it is to read if you can't speak?

Sorry to hear that you are going through this

The links in my signature may have some information that could help

Maybe a learning a meditation practice could help you

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Why are you keeping the way you feel from your family? (If you're having this many issues maybe they should know what a problem it really is, right?)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I hope you make it back to school ok though. You can do it. Keep up the hard work. Thing about school is, it won't lat forever but the benefits of it will. Take care.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00