• IMPORTANT: Covid-19 can only be discussed on this site in terms of SUPPORT. There is a covid-19 support forum and a covid-19 support chat for people needing support around this topic. There is a thread in Forum News and Announcements explaining this further. Please read it.

bad dreams: experiences? thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdaisy

Public Access
so i’ve started to notice recently since mid june that i have been having bad dreams, and even some nightmares. and i am one to NEVER have bad dreams or nightmares. they have been about me getting bullied and being forced to move to a different town. they have also been about ex friends and ex best friends who have reached out to me, and apologized for everything they have done, but then i wake up and realize that it isn’t true. day after day. i get these dreams 4 or 5 times a week, or whenever i fall back asleep. i am writing this now thought because i woke up in a panic, sweating immensely because of extreme bullying and hateful words being thrown at me. i couldn’t stop thinking about it all day. i don’t really know what i can do about this? what are your thoughts on this? can any one relate or has anyone had a similar experience?

Raven

SFer Attracted By School 😑
so i’ve started to notice recently since mid june that i have been having bad dreams, and even some nightmares. and i am one to NEVER have bad dreams or nightmares. they have been about me getting bullied and being forced to move to a different town. they have also been about ex friends and ex best friends who have reached out to me, and apologized for everything they have done, but then i wake up and realize that it isn’t true. day after day. i get these dreams 4 or 5 times a week, or whenever i fall back asleep. i am writing this now thought because i woke up in a panic, sweating immensely because of extreme bullying and hateful words being thrown at me. i couldn’t stop thinking about it all day. i don’t really know what i can do about this? what are your thoughts on this? can any one relate or has anyone had a similar experience?
So hi again, I have the experience. Yesterday night I even wrote 3 poems at 4a.m to express my feeling after awakening from a nightmare. About a years ago, I often had dreams of one of my classmates who treated me with disdain and neglect, and in the dream she wanted to be friend with me. I often have very terrible bad dreams, about suicidal thoughts and madness, emotional pain and broken dreams...well that's the worst dream I ever have.
In the past that may be because my classmate bullied me. And now I think it is caused by the anxiety of a coming new environment.
So maybe you have something worries you these days, I think. I'm also looking for some solution on SF. Bad dreams happen from time to time, maybe it's a reflection of reality so it may vanish if you feel better in daily life.

Cagla

Beautiful SF Butterfly
Hi girls, I see dreams, mostly nightmarish.
Once saw a serial killer chasing me with a big knife. I stabbed him for a hundred times and flew.
Once it was s...ke ahh I can't even write it's name..an animal you know. I can't stand it's shape name anything...once it was a lion. Once it was monsters who drink blood. Once it was zombies chasing me.
I see them. I once watched a documentary about dreams and their significant. If you have a dream journal it can help you. I have a notebook under my pillow. The moment I wake up I write it down. Then I read them and see the common pattern. My common pattern is fear. And darkness. My shadow is trying to communicate. Before it's too late. In your case the event keeps coming in your dream form because you haven't gotten over it. That's what brain does. It tries to make you aware that you must get over it. I will try to find the documentary and share it here.

Raven

SFer Attracted By School 😑
because of Internet issues I have to edit it......
Hi girls, I see dreams, mostly nightmarish.
Once saw a serial killer chasing me with a big knife. I stabbed him for a hundred times and flew.
Once it was s...ke ahh I can't even write it's name..an animal you know. I can't stand it's shape name anything...once it was a lion. Once it was monsters who drink blood. Once it was zombies chasing me.
I see them. I once watched a documentary about dreams and their significant. If you have a dream journal it can help you. I have a notebook under my pillow. The moment I wake up I write it down. Then I read them and see the common pattern. My common pattern is fear. And darkness. My shadow is trying to communicate. Before it's too late. In your case the event keeps coming in your dream form because you haven't gotten over it. That's what brain does. It tries to make you aware that you must get over it. I will try to find the documentary and share it here.
Thank you for your help, Cagla.:)
I can't see the documentary because of blocking and Internet issues, but I think that's a great idea to deal with that problem. I gonna try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00