Hi,
This is something I need advice with. I've posted on this forum before about my troubled relationship with my sister. A couple of days ago, my father called me to say my sister had suddenly decided to come home. Normally, because of my lack of a cooker, I have an evening meal with my father every night, before going home. My sister is very opinionated and easily annoyed. Within about 5 minutes of us being in the same room. together there's trouble. It's so hard to avoid a fight. I don't know I can/can't say to her. It's like walking on eggshells. I am scared of her and her aggressive nature. It's like she's so paranoid, like she constantly thinks I'm going to say or do something she doesn't like. I'm not sure if this is down to her drug addiction. Doesn't heavy cannabis use make you quite paranoid? Also she struggles with anxiety, and is constantly calling up my father saying she feels "broken" or "suicidal". Then proceeds to go to my father's house on the warpath. He spends a fortune on her, but it doesn't make her any happier. She also seems to be regressing into a stroppy teenager, and talks like has brain damage or something.
So I got out of there when things started heading south, and went back to my place. I haven't been home since, and won't go back until she is taken back to the train station tomorrow. My issue is my father can't see things from my perspective. In fact, he is angry with me at the thought of me and my sister not speaking anymore. But I don't know what else I can do? I'm really struggling with my mental health atm, for which I'm on medication etc. She seems to really resent me, and I have no idea why, I just know I'm better off without her in my life. And woe betide her if she ever comes knocking on my door because this is my sanctum, which will not be violated by the presence of anyone who I do not want here.
I've been struggling with my mental health over the last couple of days, so any analysis or advice for my situation is much appreciated. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about these matters.
This is something I need advice with. I've posted on this forum before about my troubled relationship with my sister. A couple of days ago, my father called me to say my sister had suddenly decided to come home. Normally, because of my lack of a cooker, I have an evening meal with my father every night, before going home. My sister is very opinionated and easily annoyed. Within about 5 minutes of us being in the same room. together there's trouble. It's so hard to avoid a fight. I don't know I can/can't say to her. It's like walking on eggshells. I am scared of her and her aggressive nature. It's like she's so paranoid, like she constantly thinks I'm going to say or do something she doesn't like. I'm not sure if this is down to her drug addiction. Doesn't heavy cannabis use make you quite paranoid? Also she struggles with anxiety, and is constantly calling up my father saying she feels "broken" or "suicidal". Then proceeds to go to my father's house on the warpath. He spends a fortune on her, but it doesn't make her any happier. She also seems to be regressing into a stroppy teenager, and talks like has brain damage or something.
So I got out of there when things started heading south, and went back to my place. I haven't been home since, and won't go back until she is taken back to the train station tomorrow. My issue is my father can't see things from my perspective. In fact, he is angry with me at the thought of me and my sister not speaking anymore. But I don't know what else I can do? I'm really struggling with my mental health atm, for which I'm on medication etc. She seems to really resent me, and I have no idea why, I just know I'm better off without her in my life. And woe betide her if she ever comes knocking on my door because this is my sanctum, which will not be violated by the presence of anyone who I do not want here.
I've been struggling with my mental health over the last couple of days, so any analysis or advice for my situation is much appreciated. I don't really have anyone I can talk to about these matters.