Been trying to loose weight

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Mordeci, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

For the past copule months I have been trying to loose weight. I was doing ok at first I lost about thirty pounds but I seemed to have hit a wall. Right now I exercise 5-6 times a week alternating each day between an hour of running and half an hour runing and half an hour of weight lifting. I am also using the slimfast diet but for about two weeks now my current weight has been stuck, any sugestions?

2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

How many calories are you getting each day? If you are using the slim fast diet, along with the amount of running and lifting you are doing, you most likely are not eating enough. If you list out total calories along with fat, carbs, and protein and your current goals ill give you a hand. Also what kind of lifting are you doing and when you say running, is it sprints, long distance, fast walking?

3. Mikeintx

Also what is your height and weight? Thanks.

4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

I am roughly 5 10 and 265 pounds now. I have been eating about 1600-1800 calories per day. Not sure about fat carbs and protein though. Mostly I do fast walking for cardio and the cicrut traning for weight lifting.

5. Mikeintx

I would definetly up your calories a bit for a few weeks and see what happens. Up the amount of protein you are getting in and the amount of fiber you take in with the carbs. Also try to eat the majority of the carbohydrates you are taking in around you weight training workouts. When you do the fast walking what time of day are you doing? It would also be beneficial to do this in the morning on an empty stomach. Good luck, hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions :)

6. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Thanks for the advice I will defintily give it a shot.

7. Mikeintx

Awesome, let me know how your progress goes.

8. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Hi there :biggrin:

Everybody is different when it comes to weight loss, but what works well for me is adding foods that are high in potassium into my diet as well as taking a vitamin supplement known "Apple Cider Vinegar".

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Good luck mordeci and congrats on losing 30lbs!!