• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Came to the site to chat/get support and am ignored

Livelife

SF Supporter
#21
I have not been here in a few weeks but am feeling super down again. I won't share details because I don't want to be banned. Just really lonely and not looking forward to another long holiday weekend sitting at home....alone.
Thanks to everyone for their concern.
Sending you some hugs, understanding the feeling. And if you want to share anything further if it would help some, please do.
.... I just read your post from a couple of minutes ago.....I have to hire someone if I want to have a medical procedure done that would require someone to drive me home, I came up against that challenge last winter. It definitely made me feel sad having to have to do that. I'm sorry you have to.
 
Last edited:

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
#22
Sorry to hear this. I know someone who's had to have a debilitating joint replacement procedure, whose friend came to stay for a week, then another took over while he got back on his feet. I thought, I'm fucked if I ever have to have that done as I've got nobody who'd give up a day for me, let alone a week. Whenever I need people they walk away, doesn't matter what I've done for them or how supportive I've been, as soon as the need reverses they're gone. I'm sure I'd have to be in the same position as you if I needed any help - as in have to pay for the care. I'm sorry you don't have anyone.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#23
Sad to hear that things are as bad as they are with the alone, alone on the holiday and with needing help for a colonoscopy. I was lucky enough to have one of the neighbors here take me in and bring me back. There are some advantages of rural life where most people have known each other all the lives and are likely family. I wish things were going in a better direction for you.
 
#24
Thanks for the responses....I will probably skip the colonoscopy again. Things like no support...no one to help me if and when I get sick scares me and is one of many reasons I'm ready to check out.
 
#25
Thanks for the responses....I will probably skip the colonoscopy again. Things like no support...no one to help me if and when I get sick scares me and is one of many reasons I'm ready to check out.
Having had colonoscopies and have family members who had - it's probably not even necessary for someone to accompany you. And $400!!! In my city it's $25 to have a volunteer pick you up and drive you home. Sure - you're supposed to have someone with you overnight but what are they going to do for you? Call the ambulance - which you can do yourself on the tiny chance something goes wrong.

They are just covering themselves. When I had a colonoscopy I could have easily walked out of there afterwards and caught a cab home.
 
#26
I've walked out of other medical procedures - like gastroscopy, where you are supposed to have someone pick you up. I caught the bus home. I refused the sedative though and it was fine.

If you have family maybe you could pay a family member a small amount or take them to a meal so they can drive you.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
#30
And don't feel bad. A TON of people don't have family and friends, including many members on this site. It's not a character flaw to be alone and many people also have friends and family who live far away.
This is true. I read an article the other day about how many people are dying or recovering from cancer, completely alone, and the impact it has on them. My sister had a colonoscopy and ended up in bed for 3 days semi conscious as the nurse misinterpreted the fentanyl dose 😲
 

Waves

Well-Known Member
#31
Same ol same ol. No friends...estranged from most of my family and feeling worthless. It's really hard to keep going.
Example of how lonely and pathetic I am: I just had my annual physical today (I don't know why....not like I want to live a long time). I'm 10 years overdue for a colonoscopy - never had one. So, (if I get up the energy) I will hire a service that costs nearly $400 to accompany me for my colonoscopy. A stranger will "care" for me and bring me home. How sad and pathetic is that?
That is why I have not had a colonoscopy too. 😞
 

Mike951

SF Supporter
#33
This is true. I read an article the other day about how many people are dying or recovering from cancer, completely alone, and the impact it has on them. My sister had a colonoscopy and ended up in bed for 3 days semi conscious as the nurse misinterpreted the fentanyl dose 😲

Just saw your thread. How did that holiday weekend go? Sorry to hear of your troubles. It does kind of suck to be 55, doesn't it?
 
#35
I'm still alive but more down than ever and not sure how to make things better or why to keep going. Like I said in another thread I feel totally worthless. I wish I could give my remaining time and what health I have to someone that deserves it and appreciates it.
 
#38
I'm still alive but more down than ever and not sure how to make things better or why to keep going. Like I said in another thread I feel totally worthless. I wish I could give my remaining time and what health I have to someone that deserves it and appreciates it.
I hear you. You put into words what I’ve felt and still feel so much of the time. I know it’s really hard when you feel worthless; if it helps to hear, you’re definitely not. I think it says a lot about you that even when you’re clearly going through so much, you still want to give good to others. That’s a really beautiful quality I think.
Do you want to say more about what you’re going through? If not, I do believe that you truly deserve to feel better, for all it’s worth.
 
#39
Hey Steve, nice to meet you. I am Akash. I can understand your feelings. I am going through a rough phase in my life. I had lost my dad at 2020 and still didn't recovered from it. I had pressurized my mom to remarry but she is not ready for it and I respect her decision. I am looking for a father figure who can give me the love and support which I yearn for.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
#40
Hey Steve, nice to meet you. I am Akash. I can understand your feelings. I am going through a rough phase in my life. I had lost my dad at 2020 and still didn't recovered from it. I had pressurized my mom to remarry but she is not ready for it and I respect her decision. I am looking for a father figure who can give me the love and support which I yearn for.
Sad to hear about the rough times in your life and I hope that things do improve. I am glad that you are posting with us because we have so many member to offer caring and support for you to get to know here.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top