Celebrate your successes!

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you Its a amazing feeling Petal and you are one of the people that have helped me feel this way i am truly grateful. when your so low that you feel no body cares, and then you have many that understand and do its like you have just been hugged. tight.
So very true @unique_arien. I get that same feeling a lot from the wonderful members on this site! :)

memyselfand1

University Student
I deliberately arranged to see my employment advisor at the same time as the art cafe, one less bullet to dodge. Aaahhh, I don't have to see Kelly today or her stupid thick mate or the boring woman that talks very monotone or the other woman that goes on and on about the weather and moans about every boring thing you can think off. Like two weeks it was because the price of six eggs had gone up 2p in Sainsburys or because they had run out of white loafs at 1pm and had a massive "panic attack" about. Whereas I would thought, who cares i will get the other loaf instead and spend two hours moaning about it like it was the last thing on earth.

I just paired my keyboard with my ipad via checking online forums for tips. I did it. Yes! This is like normal behaviour again. Thank god. Oh thank god. I really hope this means the wave is subsiding.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I got to 2 and a half weeks without using anything external at all (or, anything I'm trying to stay away from). Last night I messed up, or should probably say began, but when someone called I answered the phone and stopped what I was doing. I hadn't had time to think it through. I've never had what I've used available so I'm going to have to do something about that. Okay, I'm going to text someone now to ask if she'll come with me tonight to do something. That's really the goals thread. Anyways, I'm proud of myself for getting to 2 and a half weeks. I've never really done that before.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I got to 2 and a half weeks without using anything external at all (or, anything I'm trying to stay away from). Last night I messed up, or should probably say began, but when someone called I answered the phone and stopped what I was doing. I hadn't had time to think it through. I've never had what I've used available so I'm going to have to do something about that. Okay, I'm going to text someone now to ask if she'll come with me tonight to do something. That's really the goals thread. Anyways, I'm proud of myself for getting to 2 and a half weeks. I've never really done that before.
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, bravo!

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Sometimes life surprises you...I have had a very estranged relationship with my father (in past restraining orders in place by friends against him, stalking behavior, issues of moving across country, never having met husband, issues with finances re: mother's dementia--multiple very nasty texts and threats of showing up where I work to point where had to warn director and then issues with her death 2 years ago-eg domineering emotionally abusive I guess in sum)...but he called yesterday. So at first rejected call.

Then got courage and called him back, Had the first real talk with him-shared that i'm on medical leave and how am reaching out for help is critical and something that he needs to do because he hasn't moved past her death...and that she wouldn't have wanted him to live this way. She had early onset dementia/severe anxiety for 25 years+ and so he was her primary caregiver not able to leave her even for few minutes during last 5 years of her life before she was placed in a facility due to his heart surgery....

This was the first real conversation we've had. Doesn't erase the fact that he still really doesn't acknowledge my marriage of 19 years and all that he caused me...but feel encouraged that perhaps we can move on from this point forward--so reservedly optimistic...

nobodyknows71

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sometimes life surprises you...I have had a very estranged relationship with my father (in past restraining orders in place by friends against him, stalking behavior, issues of moving across country, never having met husband, issues with finances re: mother's dementia--multiple very nasty texts and threats of showing up where I work to point where had to warn director and then issues with her death 2 years ago-eg domineering emotionally abusive I guess in sum)...but he called yesterday. So at first rejected call.

Then got courage and called him back, Had the first real talk with him-shared that i'm on medical leave and how am reaching out for help is critical and something that he needs to do because he hasn't moved past her death...and that she wouldn't have wanted him to live this way. She had early onset dementia/severe anxiety for 25 years+ and so he was her primary caregiver not able to leave her even for few minutes during last 5 years of her life before she was placed in a facility due to his heart surgery....

This was the first real conversation we've had. Doesn't erase the fact that he still really doesn't acknowledge my marriage of 19 years and all that he caused me...but feel encouraged that perhaps we can move on from this point forward--so reservedly optimistic...
sounds like a great first step

nobodyknows71

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
WOW!!!!!!!!
So proud of you........ I know how hard a step that is. You're so brave and really are an inspiration.
I really hope it works out well for you and that it works out okay!
Love and hugs x
Take care. You're super special.
Thanks inno. Got to say I'm kind of freaking out, but only a little.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00