Celebrate your successes!

JacsMom

Staff Alumni
It's been 9 weeks (I'm late with that as it's 10 on Thursday) and went to a meeting today however much was rationalizing
YAY!!! This post makes me sooooooo happy! Wtg, Inno!! And no putting yourself down after such a positive thing! Whether it was rationalizing or not, you're coping and you went to the meeting!!

Baicha

I GOT A JOB!!! New beginnings, I have been a 'home maker' for 20 plus years and today I managed to put myself back in the work force. This week, I've had three interviews and been offered 3 jobs. I'm going to be a Support Care Worker, helping to look after people in their own homes, a rewarding (but not always easy) job. I'm hoping it will help give me another sense of purpose, a sense of worth.
I also started my Counselling today, I had said I wasn't going to go - but I did and despite my tears, it was a good experience. Another new beginning, maybe, just maybe I can leave the toxic relationship behind and move forward with a career.

Morigna

I'm going to be a Support Care Worker, helping to look after people in their own homes, a rewarding (but not always easy) job. I'm hoping it will help give me another sense of purpose, a sense of worth.
I hope it does. As someone else compassionate in a rewarding but difficult job, allow me to give a small amount of advice. Don't expect yourself to help everyone, and don't make the career your entire identity. As you find your life becoming more stable, find other ways to ground yourself so that on days when the job is more difficult than it is rewarding you still have a solid foundation.

Baicha

I hope it does. As someone else compassionate in a rewarding but difficult job, allow me to give a small amount of advice. Don't expect yourself to help everyone, and don't make the career your entire identity. As you find your life becoming more stable, find other ways to ground yourself so that on days when the job is more difficult than it is rewarding you still have a solid foundation.
Thank you - I'm grateful for the advice. I have done a little bit of 'caring' within my own family when my mother-in-law was still alive & more recently with my dad, so I do have some awareness of how difficult some days maybe. My ponies will always help me stay grounded, them and the friends that I now consider family who stable with me. I know it's not a job that I'll ever get rich (financially) but it will give me enough of an income to keep them.

Jack D

SF Supporter
In the midst of everything going wrong at the moment, I've just been incredibly surprised to learn that one of my coursework assignments has come back with 75% (equating to a first class pass in the UK), where only 6 other students managed to get into that tier.

Baring in mind this was also the same coursework I complained about months ago in which I had to completely re-do it because it was wrong. Its a breath of fresh air to see my work getting what I wish. Hopefully this will keep my perfectionism at bay for a while.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00