• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Celebrate your successes!

dandelions

me
SF Supporter
Thanks to a suggestion from 'Nobody' we are inviting people to post about their successes in their day to day battle with their mental health issues, no success is too small to celebrate.

NB: We ask that you do not reply in a negative way to posts, if you do your reply will be deleted.

We look foward to hearing your success stories.

:grouphug: Hazel
I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE:
having returned from a weekend hospital stay for my brain’s issues, (where it was discovered that i was having a very high blood sugar issue which i think contributed greatly to my mental issues over the past couple weeks) i just feel kind of happy that since i’ve been back, i woke up for two mornings now and found other things to do - actually positive things - rather than self harming. this could be something very good. so i felt i should go with the feeling and tell. i’m happy!
 

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
It was really hard for me earlier this year. I’m only happy that my stress-dom is finally over and gotten me more space to praciting joyfully again. To my friends that are toxic, you’re out. But to my friends who are still struggling to get a job, do not quit. I know, even I nearly had gotten fired yesterday but I kinda has to survive and I did. It’s possible.

So, I am still here. Quiting is never the answer.
 
I keep a notebook where I write down every day one positive thing that I did for myself. Got the idea from watching Twin Peaks, when Special Agent Cooper talks about "giving yourself a little present" in the first season of the show. I just passed the two year mark of giving myself a little present every day, even the worst ones. Regular "presents" include taking care of my plants, taking a nice hot bath, doing an important chore i've been procrastinating, or even just a nice cup of tea. The notebook has helped me make a point to be kind to myself at least once a day, and I think that helps in its own way.
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Today people in my group were on their phones during our discussion, and it bothered me, so I managed to politely request that we as a group don’t do that. Usually I just let things bother me and maybe make a passive-aggressive comment under my breath too quietly for anyone to hear, or even every once in a while things will get to me so much that I’ll just yell something like “fuck this!” and storm out. But today I was able to ask for what I needed and people were mostly respectful of it.
 
I wanted to wait until I reach a year, but I can't wait any longer hahaha. I am really close to 300 days smoke free. After smoking nearly 20 years, I have just quit like it was the easiest thing ever. This is probably the best thing I've ever achieved in my life, and I just wanted to share it with you guys.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top