Chat/Emote Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megan.

SF Supporter
Please post a link to any emotes you want added to chat here!

Also if you have noticed any problems with chat, please describe them here!

Please before May 12th!

Please!

With a cherry on top?

EDIT: Continue adding emote requests here anytime!

Last edited:

Khvde

Well I listen songs on spotify when I use the chat. Whenever I write something, spotify stops. I never had that problem before.

Megan.

SF Supporter
Well I listen songs on spotify when I use the chat. Whenever I write something, spotify stops. I never had that problem before.
Did this happen when the site switched to the new chat system, or sometime more recently? This sounds like something that is beyond what can/will be done in the near future, but it might turn out to be doable. I'm assuming this is on mobile?

Also I dont know how to use the emotes. Is there a list to show how to type any of the emotes?
Mobile doesn't have the same popup list that the desktop version has. This page has most of the current emoticons, although there are a few that have slightly different triggers:

http://theworkbench.info/emotes/emote page/listing.php

Usually the ones that are different have something added to the end ('1','2','!', etc.) because of how the new chat handles emotes.

I'm hoping to get an updated page on SF that is connected to the database so that it stays accurate.

Please can we have...
Thanks for the links!

Does anyone know what happened to the *) emote? I can't find a pic of it but I miss that guy.
I have a copy of this guy. My guess is he was removed because of some issue with the trigger for new chat and not being bothered to find a fix at the time.

crumbum

SF Supporter

QuantumLeap

Firing with all synapses!!
Staff Alumni
SF Author
SF Multi Media
SF Supporter
CRUM!! *gobsmacked

Megan.

SF Supporter
New emoticons (in chat) are:
*apple
*bat
*booboo2
*bunny2
*butterfly2
*carebear1
*carebear2
*caveman
*cloud
*cubone
*dance2
*fishfire
*growlithe
*hockey
*marvin
*pikachu3
*pooh1
*pooh2
*present
*rainbow
*sing
*smokey
*snowangel
*solaire
*super
*violin
*vulpix
*wolf
*yogi
*yoshi

Also, *guiness was corrected to *guinness.

This round of updates is done. You can continue to request more, but they probably won't be added for some time. If you do make a request in the future, please try to post a link to the emoticon you want. Also, please try to limit the size to 50px in height or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00